PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

numbered keys for driver settings?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 06:52 AM
Default numbered keys for driver settings?

I have an 06 H2 SUV and the keys fobs are numbered 1 & 2. I get that you can set the driver settings on the door but shouldn't it set the driver settings either by the key or the #'d key fob (keyless entery)? I've read on some sites that you can change it on the dashboard vehicle settings but mine doesn't have that option and it's the LUX series. Does anyone else have this issue or have a fix?

Thanks,
Mike

Old 06-15-2006, 09:40 AM
Default RE: numbered keys for driver settings?

My uncle has the same set up key 1 for the drive so you set you postion for the seat and some one move it once he puts his key back in it go to his settings. If you have two drives the #2 key will be for them it sould say in the book how to set it.

Old 06-16-2006, 12:21 AM

I have an 06 SUT and I asked about this when we were at the dealer. They said that the Hummers did not have key id, you have to use the buttons on the door. When I asked why they were marked, they said that the same key fobs were used for the Yukon and other GM trucks that have that option.....................Hope this helps.[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 06-16-2006, 03:02 AM

Ok, here's how I programed mine for an 03 H2.

Make all your adjustments for the drivers seat, mirrors and radio presets. When thats done press and hold the #1 button on the drivers door untill it beeps. Now when driver #1 unlocks with keyfob #1 and inserts the key into the ignition all settings will be adjusted for driver#1. If there is a driver #2 make all adjustments for Driver #2, Press and hold button #2 on the drivers door untill it beeps and when driver #2 unlocks with key fob#2, inserts key into the ignition all settings for Driver#2 will be adjusted.

There is also an "easy exit" option which moves the seat to a position that is comfortable to exit the H2 when the key is removed from the ignition. This is done by adjusting the seat when you are ready to exit the H2 but before removing the key from the ignition. After the seat is moved to the exit position press and hold the easy exit button on the drivers door untill it beeps now it is set and when you press the easy exit button on the drivers door the seat will move into the exit position. You can program the seat to move into the easy exit position when you remove the key, this is done through the the Drivers Information Center. Press the personalization button on the steering wheel until the "Easy Exit Seat" is displayed then press the select button on the steering wheel, the display will let you know if the Easy Exit is on or off. press the select button to turn the easy exit on and then press the personalization button. now the seat will move to the easy exit position when the key is removed.

I hope this helps

Old 10-06-2007, 05:28 PM

I don't know about other years, but the '07 H2 does not automatically adjust to the programmed driver settings. You must press the button on the door. Not sure who at NASA came up with this great idea. This would be a great aftermarked add-
on.
BG

Old 10-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

I dunno about everyone else.... mine has a setting in the same area as where you set the curb view mirrors and turning off the clearance lights....

one of the options is key or remote.....

Old 10-08-2007, 05:03 AM

i had that in my truck,it never mattered,i was the only one that drove it

Old 10-08-2007, 02:31 PM

I dont have those buttons.