Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Not anymore...... (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/not-anymore-22621/)

TAINTER 01-25-2011 11:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by scared2buy (Post 241504)
What do I use to clean the chrome parts that are not really chrome and the bumper area that is plastic? I have bug guts on my mirrors and grill.
Thanks again.

I use Nevr-Dull magic wadding polish, it's now made by Eagle One. GREAT on bugs, tar and stuff on my Grill, mirrors, door handles and wheels. Best part about it is you use the "cloth stuff" and put it back in the can and it rejuvenates itself! I've had the same can for about 10 years now!

Attachment 16590

No more Jeeps 01-26-2011 12:50 PM

The best way to wash a Hummer is to let someone else do it or take it to the car wash. At least with my H2 it makes a two hour project gone in 3 minutes. Probably use less water and soap as well considering i was changing the bucket three times. Then you have to dry it!

skeptic 01-26-2011 01:29 PM

I almost never washed my Jeep, maybe once a year at most. I took my H3 through a car wash with high pressure spray for underneath about a month ago, more to get the salt off than to actually clean it. I'll probably continue that trend, car wash every month or two. I do tend to clean the windows when getting gas. As long as the windows are clean enough to see out of without issue, and I don't let salt, mud, etc. build up I'm good.

scared2buy 01-29-2011 05:39 PM

Thanks. I bought the Nevr-dull chrome product and the Back to Black for the bumper area. This part I can do. But... a step stool isn't high enough for me to reach across the top. And I can now see it will take a long time to wash it myself. I don't mind that and will try it one time. There is a car wash by hand close to me so I would use that one.

How long does it take to lose the always dusting it off and keep it shiny take to wean away? Plus I park a lot further away so I don't get my first dent in the side door.

I love this car and it was a great decison to purchase it. Easy to drive and I really don't have issues with blind spots. Just a bit weird when one of those Smart cars is around me. This is Southern California and many people have these. For some reason making U-turns is my favorite thing to do.

I was warned to stay away from certain neighboring cities like Santa Monica. People said they find that the greenies there trash SUVs.

Gas milage is not that bad and the same as my old car. I got a lot more mileage on the highway driving home from Arizonia. Probably about a little over 250 miles per tank of gas till it is empty.

TAINTER 01-30-2011 01:02 AM

If you're anal about it now you prob will always be anal about claening it. I like my HUMMERs clean. Yeah, I have a tone of trail rash on them but a maximum of 1 day after wheeling they get a really good bath and I TRY to buff out the trail rash until next time.

My wife is also 5'3" and she uses a 5' A-frame ladder that I outfitted with foam so she does not scratch it when she gets cleans the roof of her Mr. "T".:D

By the way it's not a CAR!!!:rolleyes: