Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Not anymore...... (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/not-anymore-22621/)

scared2buy 01-21-2011 04:14 PM

Not anymore......

We just got home with my 2010 Birch White Alpha. Purchased it with only 9,800 miles on it and it looks brand new. I regretted not buying this when I had the chance many many months ago. It took a lot of searching to find exactly what I wanted after the fact.

Oh my God. It is the best ride ever. We had to drive to another state to buy it and had a nice six hour drive home.

But, now I have to learn how to do stuff like programing the garage door opener. Have to learn the navagation system. Trying to decide on the OnStar feature. If I chose it, which I am leaning towards doing, then I have to learn that also.

When we were at the dealership they said that it is remotely possible the Hummer line could be up again. The demand is very high as are the prices now. It was very difficult to find a 2010 Alpha.

This is the best!! I love taking the U-turns!

So I am no longer scared2buy. I don't know how I would change the user name here.

skeptic 01-21-2011 04:28 PM

Jealous. After having mine 2 1/2 months the only vehicle I'd trade it for would be an '09/'10 Alpha w/offroad package. Since it will be a few years before I'm ready to trade mine in, it looks like I'll never have the chance for a new/almost new H3.

So, how about them pictures?

chasekanter 01-21-2011 06:05 PM

I have noticed the price of H3's going up as well since they were discontinued. If they did bring the H3 back it just wouldnt be the same with a bowtie on the front.

TAINTER 01-21-2011 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by scared2buy (Post 241196)
When we were at the dealership they said that it is remotely possible the Hummer line could be up again.

So I am no longer scared2buy. I don't know how I would change the user name here.

Congrats on your new to you HUMMER, it's a great rig! Please use the SEARCH button a lot for any questions you may have about your new baby. If you can't find an answer thru a SEARCH post up a question and someone here will be happy to try to help you out!

The dealer was blowing smoke up ...., well you know what I mean! They wanted you to feel good about buying a vehicle that has been discontinued. The (GM) dealers that had Oldsmobile, Pontiac and Saturn said the same thing to their last customers also.

About your screen name, try to PM Doc or another moderator they should be able to help you out with the screen name change!

Once again, CONGRATS!:D

bflank 01-21-2011 08:31 PM

Welcome aboard. Enjoy the new ride. If you do decide to buy the OnStar subscription then whatever you do don't pay their asking price. Just tell them that you heard on this forum that they offer a rate of around $145 for 14 months. If they won't deal then tell them no thanks. Every year I go through this little dance with Onstar to get my discounted rate.

Same applies to XM if you have that installed and want to subscribe. They will deal rather than not sign you or lose you on renewal.

RKSmith163 01-21-2011 09:46 PM

Welcome and congratulations. Be sure to read your owners manual front to back several times. This forum can answer any other questions you may have.

scared2buy 01-25-2011 07:17 PM

Thanks everyone. I have been driving this for almost a week now and it is the best!! I mentioned in another thread about a low tire pressure issue so I won't repeat it here (unfortunately my baby's paw found a wood screw on the road around home).

Will try the OnStar info about priceing also. That is a good point.

Need questions answered that I did not find on a search here. What do I use to clean the chrome parts that are not really chrome and the bumper area that is plastic? I have bug guts on my mirrors and grill.

My favorite thing besides all my other favorite things is the moon/sunroof. I no longer have the fears I pestered everyone with about this issue. I sort of made some people mad because back then I was questioning everything. That was when the Chinese deal was not closed and GM was tanking. But I always regretted not buying that one last January. And sorry to those who I annoyed with my hestiations and blabbering.

Need to get a good step stool to wash it. I am a girl 5'3".

What a nightmare at the DMV today!!! Bought out of state registering in state. Told me I needed a smog check! So I have to go back.

Still, this is a good solid ride and easy to handle.

Thanks again.

millerlite 01-25-2011 07:59 PM

I am glad you found exactly what you wanted. You will love the Alpha.

TNH3_T 01-25-2011 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by scared2buy (Post 241504)
Thanks everyone. I have been driving this for almost a week now and it is the best!! I mentioned in another thread about a low tire pressure issue so I won't repeat it here (unfortunately my baby's paw found a wood screw on the road around home).

Will try the OnStar info about priceing also. That is a good point.

Need questions answered that I did not find on a search here. What do I use to clean the chrome parts that are not really chrome and the bumper area that is plastic? I have bug guts on my mirrors and grill.

My favorite thing besides all my other favorite things is the moon/sunroof. I no longer have the fears I pestered everyone with about this issue. I sort of made some people mad because back then I was questioning everything. That was when the Chinese deal was not closed and GM was tanking. But I always regretted not buying that one last January. And sorry to those who I annoyed with my hestiations and blabbering.

Need to get a good step stool to wash it. I am a girl 5'3".

What a nightmare at the DMV today!!! Bought out of state registering in state. Told me I needed a smog check! So I have to go back.

Still, this is a good solid ride and easy to handle.

Thanks again.

Congratz on the 3. Personally i use armorall on all the plastic and Window cleaner on the chrome. Works well for me.

drtom 01-25-2011 09:49 PM

Need to get a good step stool to wash it. I am a girl 5'3"
!!

i need a step stool,,,im a guy 6'1"!!
dont get wax on plastic, its a bugger to clean,so its hard to wax.

i use "back to black" on plastic, theres other stuff too.
i wax paint AND windows with the same stuff,works great,water falls off windows,but keep wax off anything black.

KEEP OUTA LOCK MODES!!

ull luv it