PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No more Hummer

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by amp88
我很高興中國是不會自己的悍馬

Hummer is all American...it needs to stay that way.
That's what I'm hoping for
without Hummer owned by Americans all off road capable SUVs are foreign owned
Jeep is owned by Italians (Fiat)
Nissan is Japanese (XTerra)
Toyota is Japanese (LC, FJ, 4Runner)
Land Rover is Indian

Old 02-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Default Very SAD news

I just bought a Hummer H3T...I love it! I can't believe that the Hummer brand is going away. After owning the H3T I can't ever see myself driving another type of truck. I can't believe another company hasn't came to the table with an offer. I wish I had $150 million...

Old 02-25-2010, 05:48 PM

I'm hoping that AMG will step in and save the Hummer brand but the last thing I want to see is it go to china. If the "new" GM is smart...and I haven't seen much evidence that it is...they would go back to the other companies that put in an offer and sell the brand off to one of them. Hopefully AMG was one of the companies that put in an offer. I'd hate to see it go but I would rather see it "dead then red". Also you have to wonder if Obama..."hope and change"...would tell his ferrets at GM to kill it off since a communist country wouldn't take the deal.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:43 AM

Sorry, I repeat here what I wrote in another thread...
Here in Europe we often wondered why the GM does not produce a motor for H2 with a Diesel (also similar to that dell'H1, or a different V8, V10 etc ...). In Europe, diesel is cheaper than gasoline and makes more, at the same engine capacity (more torque, more power, lower fuel consumption per km) , and given the fuel prices in Europe, much higher than in the USA, an H2 with a good diesel engine, big, simple and non-supercharged, according to many would allow them to sell many more cars, and probably the GM would not have the economic problems that is facing these days. This is a fact, not a hypothesis.
For MY PERSONAL opinion (I'm a corporate law lawyer ...) GM executives have precise and personal responsibility in the (almost certain) failure of their own Society, because if you want to sell a product like the Hummer H2 in the world, you must analyze and understand the different markets, not just the U.S...
Mah .. We hope that GM understands this and can eventually do something to save the house ...
God bless America...
Luigi

Old 02-26-2010, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by davidsky
That's what I'm hoping for
without Hummer owned by Americans all off road capable SUVs are foreign owned
Jeep is owned by Italians (Fiat)
Nissan is Japanese (XTerra)
Toyota is Japanese (LC, FJ, 4Runner)
Land Rover is Indian
Please, let us not forget about the great Ford Motor Company. Still an American company, NOT owned by the government. They make the awesome F150 SVT Raptor. Argueably just as capable (if not more so) than an H2 pre-front lockers?

Old 02-26-2010, 12:12 PM

According to multiple articles on the Fox News web site today, Hummer isn't completely dead yet - just mostly. There is still a remote chance that a private Chinese based consortium or one of the two bidders that GM previously rejected might cut a deal.

And in the words of Miracle Max (aka Billy Crystal) "Mostly dead is still a little bit alive".

Old 02-27-2010, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Powerubi Wacon
Please, let us not forget about the great Ford Motor Company. Still an American company, NOT owned by the government. They make the awesome F150 SVT Raptor. Argueably just as capable (if not more so) than an H2 pre-front lockers?
The Ford Raptor is a nice Pick Up Truck......No disrespect intended... But Comepare the H2 Chassis and drive line with the Ford and I'm affraid you'll find out that there is quite a difference. Read the specs on the H2 and you willl also note the special hill desending modulating brake system along with many more items the Raptor doesn't have.

Just because you add some custom shocks and a arms...does not mean it's in the same class as the H2...I fact..it's not...

Below is the design og the H2's Chassis... I'm affriad what HUMMER says is True..

"Like Nothing Else"

http://www.lynchhummer.com/h2pages/h2chassis.html

Old 02-28-2010, 04:43 PM

Mark R,
Thanks for that link. I was impressed with all of the information. I will no longer think of the H2 as just a modified Suburban (Yukon XL)/Tahoe (Yukon). The H3 on the other hand... The SVT Raptor and H2 are certainly in two different classes. Both leading in their respective markets.
Steve

Old 03-01-2010, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Powerubi Wacon
Mark R,
Thanks for that link. I was impressed with all of the information. I will no longer think of the H2 as just a modified Suburban (Yukon XL)/Tahoe (Yukon). The H3 on the other hand... The SVT Raptor and H2 are certainly in two different classes. Both leading in their respective markets.
Steve

Cool Steve,
The H3 Is in fact a Moded Colorado truck chassis. It has been beefed up over the stock chassis. Having owend an 2007 H3 with the off road package I was impressed at it performance. The early H3's of course were powere by the I think 5.3 Liter and then the 5.7 liter I-5 motors which were great screamers for their size.

I loved my H3..Great Rig. The new Alpha V-8 Model is even better with the addition of the front locker. The Raptor really looks hot..!! I have a Pick somewhere of it on a lift.

Looks like Ford really did their homework when it came to that design. I'm sure it will fare well in the Bajs 1000 as the Rod Hall Stock H3 HUMMER did with a first place in it's class.

I hope soon to see Dodge get into the act by offering something for Off Road like the Raptor. They make one hell of Power Wagon. Of course the Jeep has been with us for years and is also a very capable rig. The AMERICAN companies need to address the Off road Market

And keep the USA in the For front of off roading.

Old 03-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

3 of the previous bidders for Hummer have re-opened their bids and are examing the prospect of making new offers. No way to know what will happen but the coffin lid is still open.

Quick Reply: No more Hummer