PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No CAI for '07 3.7's - AEM Brute Force Didn't Fit

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 06:41 PM
Default No CAI for '07 3.7's - AEM Brute Force Didn't Fit

I'm crushed. I ordered the AEM Brute Force CAI today and although listed for the '07 H3, it is built for the '06 and doesn't fit. My 4x4 shop and I stood scratching our heads trying to see if there was a way to retro-fit it.....can't. I spoke to AEM and informed them of the differences (3.5 vs 3.7) and they said that there should be one in the works. K&N doesn't have one, AEM doesn't, True Flow don't, and the AirAid only seems to be the front 1/2 of the system-- Box and filter, but not the intake tube. Isn't there anyone out there who makes a system for the '07's yet.

(P.S.- Good thin I ordered I ordered it through my shop. I know that $350 (installed) is a bit steep, but they ended up eating it and not me. I saw that someone else on here ordered a CAI that doesn't fit and is now stuck witha K&N paperweight)

Old 04-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Default RE: No CAI for '07 3.7's - AEM Brute Force Didn't Fit

Don't be crushed![sm=badidea.gif]If I was as good as Dennis I would post the link to the threads that will give you your answer. I'm not ..........so, go to the Intake ,Headers & Exhaust section and start reading the post stared by Dr Carver at the very top. In the 4 pages we covered most of the issues with the 07's. Don't worry- be happy![sm=itsok.gif]

Old 04-04-2007, 07:36 PM

07HummerH3, I failed to notice in your post that you said "True Flow don't". Their listing says for 2006 Hummer H3, however that model-#10512 works just fine in a 2007 3.7l motor. There's one sucking in air under my hood as we speak. If you read our posts you'll find out why. If you have any questions feel free to pm me. We want all H3 owners to suck in as much as they can..........air that is.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:04 PM

Hmmm, Not that I'm doubting you, but I spoke to the True Flowsales department at Corporatefor 10 min today and they confirmed that they have nothing in production for the 3.7L 2007 H3 and that the 2006 won't fit. Can you post a pic?

I've read that other string that you are referring to about 3x and my head is spinning. It seems as if you maintain the original airbox and only the filter and tube are replaced. Is this correct? Can you let me know what/ if any performance enhancements you've noticed? Is it justified to pay that much without a system that replaces the box itself to increase air flow? I'll pretty much bank my purchase on your recomendation as I want to compliment my exhaust with a CAI but there are really very limited options-- I had my heart set on the AEM Brute Force .....in a nutshell, do you think it is worth the $$$?

Old 04-04-2007, 08:45 PM

my AirAid works just fine
andget 1 mpg better

Old 04-04-2007, 09:27 PM

07, It's going to be hard to split hairs about the different CIA out there. they all try and achieve the same results.
K&N, AirAid, Volant, True Flow, AEM Brute Force and Injens will all tell you theirs is the best. The biggest difference is in the filter media. But all of themwill flow more air then an OEM filter.
You asked about a performance improvement? I believe it was Dennis who said " more power off the line". I agree, my True Flow gives me a little more punch just off idle. It allows the motor to "r" up a little quicker so you feel the hp a little sooner. You'll notice alittle more intake noise, with the resonator box gone, but coupled with your Gibson, you'll like it. That would be with any CIA.
HummerDriver was smart enough to point out that the big improvement is a smoother flow to the throttle body by eliminating the accordian tube and the resonator box.
You'll have to ask K&N and the others why they choose to eliminate the air box. All the air still comes in through air duct in the fender and the outside air intake. IMO the factory airbox just funnels it into the filter and then to the throttle body. What more can you ask?
K&N was my first choice- not available (yet)
AEM Brute Force- looks like a nice system-not available (yet)
The True Flow is a simple system that basicly gives you a nice smooth intake tube between the MAF and the throttle body and they supply a foam filter, which you can use, or not use.
I paid $201.99 shipped and I think it was well worth it. It works well with my Magnaflow and it will be even better after Alvin/Kelly punch the magical numbers into my PCM.
Yvon- feel free to chime in , you the one that got me into this mess.LOL
Good luck with whatever you chose. Were all trying to make our 07's a little better, the aftermarket manufacturers a just 1 step behind us.[sm=gears.gif]

Old 04-04-2007, 09:45 PM

Thanks for the information and you make very valid points - I'm just a bit frustrated since I had the AEM in my hands today and expected to have it on my truck already. I'll go ahead and order the True Flow as it seems as if you (all) are pleased and it actually fits. (Thanks for the PM with the part #) Would you be so kind as letting me know where you ordered it from?

Old 04-04-2007, 09:57 PM

i'm with obie1, i have a true flow on my 3.7. box said it was for a 3.5, but it fit just fine without any mods.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:17 PM

07, I hope my e-mails help you out.[X(]

Old 04-04-2007, 10:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Obie1

07, I hope my e-mails help you out.[X(]
I rec'd them both and they are very helpful. I'mgoing tosearch around to find the best deal that will FedEx it to me. Thanks for all of your assistance. It is greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: No CAI for '07 3.7's - AEM Brute Force Didn't Fit