PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie From Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Default Newbie From Michigan

I just purchased a 2009 H3 with only 11,000 miles but after doing so found out I would actually be the 3rd owner and I'm hoping the warranties are still valid? I didn't question it when I purchased it because I thought I was only the 2nd owner since I know the guy I bought it from purchased it with only 48 miles.. After buying it I found out the original owner was from Europe and was planning on having it shipped over seas but for some reason decided not to do so and ended up sold it with only 51 miles on it and this new owner sold it to me with only 11k on it.. Am I still covered under both the 3/36 bumper-to-bumper and 5/100 powertrain warranty?

Ok, off to the tire/wheels forum because I cant leave anything stock

Old 05-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

You should still be covered by the warranty. i thought the 09s came with a 50K mile warranty.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by 3hummers
You should still be covered by the warranty. i thought the 09s came with a 50K mile warranty.

The Hummer.com website does say the 2009 has the 5/100k PT warranty.. I also see it does say its transferable and doesnt say anything about how many owners.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:33 PM

Your H3 has a 4 year/48,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty that covers everything and also a 5 year/100,000 powertrain warranty that covers the biggies (engine, transmission, etc.) the remaining balance of these warranties are transferred to you.

To calculate what is left you need to get the date the first owner originally put the vehicle in service and your warranty clock starts from that date.

If you think you need warranty work take it to a former Hummer dealer near you and they will probably still have Hummer certified mechanics working there. Most likely they have converted the former Hummer dealer over to a Chevrolet or Caddy dealer.

If you can't find a former Hummer dealer then take it to any GM dealer and they will be able to help you with the warranty work.

Hope this helps, good luck and welcome to the forum. I'm new myself.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by stevek813
Your H3 has a 4 year/48,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty that covers everything and also a 5 year/100,000 powertrain warranty that covers the biggies (engine, transmission, etc.) the remaining balance of these warranties are transferred to you.

To calculate what is left you need to get the date the first owner originally put the vehicle in service and your warranty clock starts from that date.

If you think you need warranty work take it to a former Hummer dealer near you and they will probably still have Hummer certified mechanics working there. Most likely they have converted the former Hummer dealer over to a Chevrolet or Caddy dealer.

If you can't find a former Hummer dealer then take it to any GM dealer and they will be able to help you with the warranty work.

Hope this helps, good luck and welcome to the forum. I'm new myself.

Thank you very much for the detailed information, I apreciate it!!! I do have a local dealer that does warranty work, hopefully I wont need it

Old 05-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Howdy and welcome!

Old 05-11-2011, 09:58 PM

Welcome from another Michigander! Where are you located in MI? If you arein the SE MI area I can recommend a dealer for you. Will you be using your HUMMER OffRoad or will it be a mall cruiser?

A 2009 HUMMER has a 4/50 Bumper to Bumper and a 5/100 Powertrain warranty. If you want to contact 1-888-HUMMER or a local dealer and give them your VIN #. They can giv you the "in service" date and how many months/years you have left on your warranty.

Read the manual, there are plenty of services that you may not know about like Roadside assistance that provides these free services:
-flat tire change (you have to pay for the tire repair, duh!)
-fuel delivery up to $4 work of fuel
-Jump start
-lockout protection
-Emergency towing to the nearest HUMMER authorized service provider

There are more, I just highlighted some of the many services available!

You can go on the Official HUMMER website HUMMER | Luxury SUVs, Trucks, & SUTs , click on the USA on the map, then click the the "Find an authorized service provider" and input your zip code and see all of the HUMMER authorized service centers in your area.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Welcome from another Michigander! Where are you located in MI? If you arein the SE MI area I can recommend a dealer for you. Will you be using your HUMMER OffRoad or will it be a mall cruiser?

A 2009 HUMMER has a 4/50 Bumper to Bumper and a 5/100 Powertrain warranty. If you want to contact 1-888-HUMMER or a local dealer and give them your VIN #. They can giv you the "in service" date and how many months/years you have left on your warranty.

Read the manual, there are plenty of services that you may not know about like Roadside assistance that provides these free services:
-flat tire change (you have to pay for the tire repair, duh!)
-fuel delivery up to $4 work of fuel
-Jump start
-lockout protection
-Emergency towing to the nearest HUMMER authorized service provider

There are more, I just highlighted some of the many services available!

You can go on the Official HUMMER website HUMMER | Luxury SUVs, Trucks, & SUTs , click on the USA on the map, then click the the "Find an authorized service provider" and input your zip code and see all of the HUMMER authorized service centers in your area.
Wow, thank you for the information, thats pretty good coverage!!!
I grew up in the Livonia area but moved up north about 20 years ago.. Now I live just outside of *******.. I bought this one for my wife but I do plan on replacing the tires/wheels with something a little more aggresive. I'm looking into these right now and I think they should look good on a white H3.. They are 295/70-17 Terra Grapplers and I hope they arent noisy. It will be a pavement princess and probably never see any off roading..