PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Newb from CO

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Default Newb from CO

Hey guys have been on here for a few months but never posted pic and intro.

I live in Windsor, Colorado and like hunting and fishing (went ice fishing last Saturday) which is why I decided to get this vehicle. Got this H3T Alpha fully loaded from the auction in Denver. Was happy it had everything already. Leather, nav., hard folding bed cover.

My mission is to de-chrome it though. My mexican half wants to add more chrome, but my white boy half wants to get rid of it.

Replace chrome hood levour, door handles, mirrors, brush guard, and side steps with all black (have to have steps due to 4'11" wife otherwise I wouldn't have any). Once I replace these parts then I will sell the others so I will keep you guys posted.

I am going to replace my current (dick cepek) wheels for factory that I will powdercoat black. These wheels are a little wide for my taste. I will probably sell these on ebay once I get the other ones. I plan on putting 315 75 16 Duratraks on it once I level the front.

Couple questions for the forum....
1) Is there a specific company or website that has a rack you can attach to the rail system bed?
2) Has anyone come across black marker lights or has anyone sprayed theirs a smoke color?

Attached Thumbnails Newb from CO-img_6715.jpg  
Old 01-04-2012, 07:02 PM

Welcome to the forum, glad you finally posted!
GM had a bed rail system, idk if it's still in production, try some of the sites... Gstyle, teaka, etc...
Which marker lights are you referring to? The front or roof... Either way there are several options for tinting them, but any reputable tint shop should be able to do them for ya...

Old 01-04-2012, 08:45 PM

Thanks for the info/ideas. Looking forward to gaining knowledge from all of the hummer veterans here.