PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Shoes (Falken Rocky Mountain Tires)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Default New Shoes (Falken Rocky Mountain Tires)

Just got some new tires yesterday and wanted to share. I had the Toyo MT's for the past 3 years and loved them until about the last 12-15k miles. Very noisy but I did get 45k out of them so I was happy with that.

Decided to go with a much less aggressive tire but still some decent sidewall and a nice ride. I cant begin to tell you how quiet it is in my car. My kids were laughing yesterday because they could not remember the last time it was that quiet.

Overall a great deal at $210/tire at Discount. I will update as more miles are added.

Attached Thumbnails New Shoes (Falken Rocky Mountain Tires)-hummer-falken-tires.jpg  
Old 12-06-2011, 09:26 AM

I hope you like them, we used to sell Falken and had nothing but problem with just about every tire they sell. We had a terrible problems with chopping and uneven wear on the WildPeaks (same as the Discount Tires Rocky Mountain). Sorry for being a daisy downer and hope your experience is better then ours!

Old 12-06-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by SundownAudioNY
I hope you like them, we used to sell Falken and had nothing but problem with just about every tire they sell. We had a terrible problems with chopping and uneven wear on the WildPeaks (same as the Discount Tires Rocky Mountain). Sorry for being a daisy downer and hope your experience is better then ours!

I hope so too. I have had Falkens before on a Mazda but that was a light little car. I too hope these work out. I have heard both good and bad (as with everything) so I needed to make a choice. I have had the Nitto Terra Grapplers and hated those and also had the BFG AT's and those I traded in after only 3k miles because the droning sound in my Liberty was terrible. Either way I will keep you all posted.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:01 AM

Tires look great man. Nothing like having a quiet ride. The Wildpeaks have gotten excellent reviews and I recall they were used extensively on a hardcore offroad wheeling trip on a fleet of Jeep JKs a couple years back and performed as well as some much more aggressive treaded rigs.

Don't let anyone **** on your new shoes bro. "Chopping" and "uneven wear" is almost always a result of either shock, alignment, rotation, or inflation issues, not the tire itself. Tires

Enjoy the new tires.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by Xlr8n
Tires look great man. Nothing like having a quiet ride. The Wildpeaks have gotten excellent reviews and I recall they were used extensively on a hardcore offroad wheeling trip on a fleet of Jeep JKs a couple years back and performed as well as some much more aggressive treaded rigs.

Don't let anyone **** on your new shoes bro. "Chopping" and "uneven wear" is almost always a result of either shock, alignment, rotation, or inflation issues, not the tire itself. Tires

Enjoy the new tires.
Thanks xlr8n. Maintenance is key with any tire. I have read several articles positive about the tires and look forward to many happy miles.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Sumitomo Rubber Industries will never get my business.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Xlr8n

Enjoy the new tires.
The WildPeaks were reviewed by all the off road magazines and got great reviews BUT how many miles do you think the put on them before it went to print? I can assure you they all had less then 3k miles on them. Sure they may have performed well but anyone purchasing and AT like the WildPeak is going to spend a ton more time on the road then the trail. FYI, I am well aware of what can causes chopping and uneven...........and tread design and tire construction can play a huge role! Like I said, I wan't trying to "**** on" his new "shoes" and hoped he has better luck. Just so you know, this wasn't one set on one vehicle. We are talking 15+ sets on 15+ different kinds of vehicles.

Last edited by SundownAudioNY; 12-06-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by SundownAudioNY
The WildPeaks were reviewed by all the off road magazines and got great reviews BUT how many miles do you think the put on them before it went to print? I can assure you they all had less then 3k miles on them. Sure they may have performed well but anyone purchasing and AT like the WildPeak is going to spend a ton more time on the road then the trail. FYI, I am well aware of what can causes chopping and uneven...........and tread design and tire construction can play a huge role! Like I said, I wan't trying to "**** on" his new "shoes" and hoped he has better luck. Just so you know, this wasn't one set on one vehicle. We are talking 15+ sets on 15+ different kinds of vehicles.
I'll politely disagree that tread design can play a huge role in a passenger tire developing choppy edges and uneven wear.

Last edited by Xlr8n; 12-06-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:36 PM

What size tires are these? They fill the wheel well nicely!

Old 12-06-2011, 10:32 PM
rsc

I have been thinking of the Falkens for my daily commuting when my Duratracks wear out. I'll probably end up buying a set for commuting and a set of 35's for wheeling (If I can remember to change them out after wheeling trips and not be lazy and try commuting on them! ) I've only heard good reviews of them, but would like to hear how they hold up on a heavier rig like the H3.

Quick Reply: New Shoes (Falken Rocky Mountain Tires)