PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mud Terrain tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Default New Mud Terrain tires

I am looking for new mud terrain tires, cuurently running all terrain........want a more rugged appearance any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.......looking mainly for a highway friendly Mud Tire, daily driver...!!!
Some I have been looking at is Fierce Attitude MT (Goodyear made) sold under Dunlop/ Kelly, Dick Cepek Mud Country MT, Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ, Cooper Stt MT.........

Old 02-20-2011, 03:04 PM

Tons of tire posts on here, SEARCH them!

I would say out of the brands you posted I would go for the MTZs or Cooper STTs, both are made in the same plant with a slightly different tread mold. I have had VERY good luck with the MTZs on 4 H3s. First set got about 55K plus on them and 1/4 trad left, I just sold them for $250! Second set has about 35K on them and are aobut 1/2 tread. Third set has 99% tead left brand new!

For any MT to last longer regular rotations, air pressure checks and a lifetime alignment is a must!

I have a buddy with the Fierce Attitude MTs and they are great but he has 15k on them and they are about 1/2 tead. He is swapping them out for STTs next week and selling the Fierce Attitude MTs on craigs list.

Hope this helps!

Old 02-21-2011, 09:14 AM

What ATs are you running now? There are some fairly aggressive ATs that may meet your appearance needs while being a bit more highway friendly. BFG AT KOs come to mind - something I've run on various Jeeps in the past and have always been happy with.

You can also go to tirerack.com and read the reviews, good info there.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Tons of tire posts on here, SEARCH them!

I would say out of the brands you posted I would go for the MTZs or Cooper STTs, both are made in the same plant with a slightly different tread mold. I have had VERY good luck with the MTZs on 4 H3s. First set got about 55K plus on them and 1/4 trad left, I just sold them for $250! Second set has about 35K on them and are aobut 1/2 tread. Third set has 99% tead left brand new!

For any MT to last longer regular rotations, air pressure checks and a lifetime alignment is a must!

I have a buddy with the Fierce Attitude MTs and they are great but he has 15k on them and they are about 1/2 tead. He is swapping them out for STTs next week and selling the Fierce Attitude MTs on craigs list.

Hope this helps!
This forum is nearly dead and with new guys coming in sometimes its best to ignore the 100x's posted about tires and just help a member out with their question rather being rude and trying to run them off.

I bought mickey thompsons baja ATZ for 350 each 35x12.5x20 on ebay about 4 months ago

Old 02-21-2011, 02:57 PM

mmm interesting

Old 02-22-2011, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Tech5
This forum is nearly dead and with new guys coming in sometimes its best to ignore the 100x's posted about tires and just help a member out with their question rather being rude and trying to run them off.

I bought mickey thompsons baja ATZ for 350 each 35x12.5x20 on ebay about 4 months ago
Tech5, who is running a new guy off! I answered his question and told him to use the SEARCH feature.

"forum is nearly dead"??? By count of new posts daily I would say "WHAT You Talking Bout' Willis?"

Old 02-22-2011, 08:02 PM
Banned

i just read a great post about tires in the ,, the,,oh darn,,oh the off topic section,,great place for tire info

Old 03-01-2011, 01:23 PM

What size tires are you running 10beers?

Old 03-02-2011, 05:58 AM
Default Has anyone tried General tire?

The AT2 general 315/75/16, any opinions?

Old 03-02-2011, 05:46 PM

I was running the 285/75/16 General At2 all terrain tires........if you want a good , long wearing all terrain tire go with the General's....you will not regret it. I just wanted to switch to mud terrain tires. My General At2's had 27,000 miles on them and could easily go another 30,000 miles, they wore very evenly also.!!
I am actually selling my all terrains to a co worker at work.......just purchased a new set of Mickey Thompson Baja Mtz mud terrain tires today...305/70/16......look great...!!!!

Quick Reply: New Mud Terrain tires