PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me 08 H3 Alpha

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Default New to me 08 H3 Alpha

Just picked up an 08 H3 Alpha, Black Interior, Black Exterior. 14K miles, love it so far. Did my research and waited to find an Alpha, only thing it doesn't have is the Adventure package. But it'll get through the OBX vacations and snowy winters I see just fine I think. Heck I've done more with less so I'm not too heartbroken about it.

I live in West Virginia, commute 180 miles round trip to Maryland everyday, the H3 will be a one-day-a-week commuter (the GF has a Dodge Caliber we use for commuting the other 4 days a week).

I've owned 4X4 SUV's most of my life. Started out with a 94 Ford Explorer, left stock till I donated it. Then got a 2000 Ford Explorer, lots of wrench turning and learning on that one, have that one for sale now. Then got a 2003 Tahoe and enjoyed getting into plenty of trouble with that, have it listed for sale too now. I've got to free some room up in the driveway

Now I've got the Alpha, and looking forward to many years of happiness.

I'm a member of other forums like pickuptruck.com and explorerforum.com and am looking forward to learning from the Hummer community as I have learned from those communities, and I promise I'll try to not ask too many newb questions. I'm no stranger to the search feature so hopefully that'll keep me outta trouble for awhile.

That's about it I reckon, glad to be here.

Name:  SideView.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  47.4 KB

Old 06-10-2011, 01:19 PM

Welcome and congrats on the Alpha!

Old 06-10-2011, 03:02 PM

Welcome my 08 Alpha is not an adventure package either but your right it will get you through.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:13 PM

I've had my Victory Red H3X Alpha for a little over 2-months and I can assure you that you are probably going to like your new ride better than any other SUV you've ever owned.

Welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy your new ride.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats. Love our H3 Alpha

Old 06-11-2011, 06:52 PM

Also a new 08 Alpha owner (Boulder Gray in color, with adventure package) so far nothing but love for the thing....I do wish the MPG were better but if that were an issue I would of never bought it....I just checked the milage though and got right at 18 mpg highway even with the 33" inch tires... Now go outside and look at your H3, I'm sure your smiling, how many other vehicles make ya feel like that!....lol Life is short Enjoy your ride!!!

Old 06-12-2011, 08:47 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! The bug has surely bit me already. Just picked up a set of OEM black nerf bars on ebay for 100 bucks, OEM black Grill Guard is next, found one for $350 shipped so I'll probably bid on that soon, then a dual exhaust and set of the 07 H3 Black Tactical Rims so I can get a set of the Firestone M/T's like I have on the tahoe. Probably won't get the wheels/tires and exhaust until winter but I've surely got the itch now.....

Old 01-20-2012, 06:33 PM

Just got my yearly email from my Firestone Credit Card about their "Tires at cost plus a buck". I'll be ordering the Firestone Destination MT's this week, just have to decide on the 305's or 285's. I haven't gotten the black wheels yet but I can't pass up this deal. I saved almost 50% when I got these last time on my tahoe.

I've been driving it a lot more than I expected, 20K miles in 6months! I've got 34K miles now, no major issues other than a squeaky belt. It did very well at the OBX 4X4 beaches this past summer, now I'm eager for some snow so I can go have some fun.

I'll post some new pics when I get the new tires put on.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Default Update

It's been 8 or 9 months, just checking in.

Have put about 30K miles on the H3. It is a joy to drive. I am having issues getting an engine squeak fixed. The pully's seem to be out of alignment and they keep wearing out the bearings of the alternator. Pully replaced once, alternator replaced once, squeak keeps coming back. I'll keep hunting down that issue and report later.

On the upside, I did get a set of Black H3 wheels from another forum member and wrapped them in Firestone Destination M/T's. I went up a size to the 285's, it had 265's previously. Also added black nerf bars for the GF.

I also have a black grille purchased from another forum member that I have yet to put on, that will go in soon and I'll black out a few other pieces as I go along, and eventually decide on if I want a Predator series Brushguard or not.

Here's a couple cell phone Pics of her as she sits now.

Name:  Hummertires2.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  48.4 KB

Name:  Hummertires3.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  40.6 KB

Old 02-26-2012, 03:00 PM

Well since the Daytona 500 was in a Rain Delay I figured I'd go ahead and put the Black Grille on. It make a world of difference in overall appearance and looks great complimenting the Black H3 Wheels. The pics below are in bad lighting, and she's Dirty as Sin, but she's pretty bad *** to see in person.

Name:  NewBlackH3Grille.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  63.6 KB

Name:  NewBlackH3Grille2.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  42.0 KB

Quick Reply: New to me 08 H3 Alpha