PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Kenwood , cant rid off the fr@*&^€ noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 07:07 PM
Default New Kenwood , cant rid off the fr@*&^€ noise

I installed a new Kenwood DNX571HD . Everything works great BUT the F@&!^; € static noise which is constant . Even with engine off the noise is still there .

So far I check and redone all ground wires , positive wires , install a filter on +red wire , cut all the extra wires for ilum, mute, remote, etc .
nothing seems to work

Only way I was able to get rid of the F £÷^#&! Noise was cutting the blue/white which power the Bose amp. But of course then non sound at all

My guess is the onstar interface is toast. Will try to remove out . No onstar needed. In fact I hate it

Im taking the next step and take it to a professional ..............UPDATE .. by what I found online the issue could be the Bose amp . Does any1 knows how to bypass it or any other solution
will post results for any one on same position
-20141123_132701.jpg

-20141124_003624.jpg

-20141121_180608.jpg

Last edited by H2Miami; 11-26-2014 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-28-2014, 03:17 AM

Not an expert here, but a few things to try:In addition to your existing HU ground, Make a separate ground connection from the HU chassis to truck, somewhere solid. Make sure your AMP power source and speaker wires are not running parallel. Also turn your Gain down on the AMP to see if that helps. Last, if that fails may try a Inline Static Eliminator to help (mask) ground loop problems.

Last edited by BasicH2; 11-28-2014 at 03:20 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-29-2014, 07:43 AM

Hi BasicH2

Thanks for the input .. I tried a few different things including a noise filter , new grounds reroute wires , turn the Onstar gain down but but nothing works , The noise wasnt coming from engine which is the very common for ground lose .
The Oem Bose amp is fixed , not adjustments at all , that would had fixed .

I drop it on a car electronic place yesterday and the guy told me it is the Oem Amp .. He said nothing works with those Bose amps plus the Bass is way to high and the volume distortions if try higher than 20 , so we agree to change the Amp for an aftermarket . A cheap one but will fit on the Oem spot plus he said it is more than enough to power the Oem speakers and will sound much better
I got to pick the truck today , hopefully everything works as should be

I will post the results and any info I can get ..
To be continued ...

Old 11-29-2014, 11:03 AM

No expert here, but I thought Onstar, door chimes, etc. all ran through the OEM amp. I know you don't care about Onstar, but make sure you don't lose door chimes and warning bells or whatever. You may need to run a separate small in-dash speaker for chimes/bells....

Old 11-29-2014, 07:07 PM

@Skeptic .. Yes Onstar runs trough the radio system but with a interface you can replace the oem stereo without loosing any of the chimes or Onstar service . It will works as usually

Good and bad news ..
The good : the noise is gone
The bad : the system sounds like a real POS

Bass is almost complete missed . The Oem Bose had a very deep bass which is non-existing now . Volume got distortion when cranked over half .. The system sound like a very cheap radio , So disappointed but what I was expecting for a cheap small unknown Amp

To make it worse after playing with EQ to gain a little more bass one of the front speakers is making a weird noise , hopefully is not cracked

I know know , maybe Im not luck but anytime someone touch the truck is a disaster ..

Will go on Monday to try to get an answer from them ...

Next step replace the F*&%^%# Amp for a real one and most possible new speakers .. This is going way too far now

Old 11-30-2014, 07:10 PM

What head unit did you have prior to the install? I just replaced my HU with a Pioneer and have had no issues. Mine was not the six disc changer tho. I do have the Bose speakers so I am assuming the Bose amp. I am wondering why the difference.

Old 11-30-2014, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
@Skeptic .. Yes Onstar runs trough the radio system but with a interface you can replace the oem stereo without loosing any of the chimes or Onstar service . It will works as usually
Correct. I have an aftermarket head unit with the kit and stock amp. When I asked them about a new better amp they said I'd lose onstar and chimes/warning sounds as they are controlled by the stock amp. The only alternative they offered is a separate speaker just for chimes.

Sounds like your installer got around that issue while replacing the amp, but caused other problems. Good luck and keep us informed.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:41 PM

Something like this is needed : http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=1015
DO NOT BUY ANY PRODUCT BASED ON THe INFO I PROVIDED (I just did a quick search to show you the product)
Using this will allow you to keep the chimes and onstar even if you replace the Radio or the Amp
I dont really need any of the benefit from the interface . I dont like the chimes when want to be seated in the car with the door open so I removed few days after got the H2 and hate Onstar more everyday (planning to remove the fuse)

The sound from the Bose was deeper Bass but Mid and Hi were almost not existing .
Now after play with the new Amp/radio setting , gains and Eq the sound is a lot of better but still moss the deeper bass

Well at least the noise is gone . New unit perform great . Got Bluetooth which is decent quality and a Gps powered by Garmin plus Pandora which control is on the unit (connected to ph) ...

Project for next year .. New better Amp and new speakers

Old 12-01-2014, 09:08 AM

[QUOTE=H2Miami;320051

I know know , maybe Im not luck but anytime someone touch the truck is a A disaster[/QUOTE]

I hear you here. How many people hAve had there mirrors broken by techs forcing them closed manually?

The stereo shop busted my drivers mirror 2 days after I got the truck. While installing the alarm. Flat out denied that they broke it. I was so mad I could 't even go in there or I would have ended up in jail.

Then I replace it and it works great until I get it back after the oil pump fiasco. Now it won't fold I. Or out. I have thought about selling the truck as every time someone touches it they wreck something and won't take responsibility for what they did.👺

Old 12-01-2014, 01:50 PM

3 years after install the alarm Im still fixing what they break and lots of missed screws . The made a mess installing the center console . I just realized the Ac vent was mounted wrong so the cool air was mixed with hot air . Plus the console was mounted wrong and makes lot of noises

Im going to replace the Amp and the speakers by myself .. No one is going to touch my truck.anymore ...

On the positive side . The guys from the shop did a decent job running the wires

Quick Reply: New Kenwood , cant rid off the fr@*&^€ noise