PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Katzkin Seats!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 04:44 PM
Default New Katzkin Seats!

I just installed the Katzkin's yesterday and also got heated seats (b/c the base model doesn't have those). I got Black seats w/Medium Taupe perforated suede inserts w/white double stitching and embroidered H3 logos on the head rests. I also choose to put the seat heater's switches on the center console as opposed to the sides of the seats. I did this in-case I want to get a seat ready for someone or just be nice and turn on my passenger's seats for them.

PS: I have the original cloth covers which were ebony so if anyone wants them make me an offer. There is under 20,000 miles on them so they are very new.

Here are the pics:

Attached Thumbnails New Katzkin Seats!-frontseats1.jpg   New Katzkin Seats!-frontseats2.jpg   New Katzkin Seats!-frontseats3.jpg   New Katzkin Seats!-rearseats1.jpg   New Katzkin Seats!-seatheatersswitchlocation.jpg  

Last edited by jvorpahl; 05-19-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:37 PM

I've been looking at Katzkin ever since I bought the Hummer!

Did you install them yourself, or have them installed?

Old 05-19-2012, 05:55 PM

I looked into doing them myself but I knew it would take about 3 weeks (one seat a weekend w/the back taking a single weekend) so I decided just to pay to get it professionally installed all done in 1 day. I dropped the car off at 8 AM and they were done by noon. The place I got them installed at is the largest custom shop in the midwest and they do ~12 leather kits a day so they are extremely efficient. I think if you wanted to take the time you could install them. The kits are really just covers so if you buy the tools you can do it. I actually have a step by step guide for the H3 w/pics from the H3 Offroad forum (the forum started over a few months back and removed all threads so I'm glad I made my guide before they did that). Basically it cost about $400 more for them to do it and I think it was worth it.

Also, the kits are under warranty if I got them from the place I got them installed. So if they rip or anything like that they'll fix them for free. I checked and every place online that sells them doesn't do a warranty.

Last edited by jvorpahl; 05-19-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:28 AM

Looks great.

Old 05-20-2012, 10:53 AM

Those look great i have been debating about getting them for the T

Old 05-20-2012, 12:18 PM

They look great. I'm considering doing it to. How does the Katzkin leather compare to OEM leather for softness, thickness?

Old 05-20-2012, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by SedonaBoundH3
They look great. I'm considering doing it to. How does the Katzkin leather compare to OEM leather for softness, thickness?
I'm not lying, the Katzkin is completely different quality compared to the OEM. It's on a complete other plain. It is so soft and thick. The OEM leather is hard, slippery, and smooth and the Katzkin is so soft and subtle but durable. It's hard to describe but I guess I can just say it's how premium leather feels. Honest to God, here is the first thing my friend said when I showed him the new seats:

• Wow I'm so surprised of the quality of the leather. I wasn't expecting it to be so good. I've never seen this nice of leather in a car before.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:10 PM

Looks great!
Been thinking about getting it for my Charger since I got a crack in the oem leather (Chrysler have really crappy quality in their leather).

Old 05-20-2012, 11:26 PM
Thumbs up

Those seats look great! You should be proud!

I live in mid-Michigan and had our seats re-upholstered by Superior Interiors (Jay) near Saginaw/Freeland. Also had some custom embroidery done by the Work Wear Store (Jared) in Saginaw. Those two companies work together and our seats turned out great!! Stock look with embroidery to match the "Blown H3" graphic painted on each rear 1/4 panel. Pics soon! Cool thing is, they keep our embroidery on file so we can get hats, shirts, jackets, etc. to match!

Old 05-21-2012, 12:25 AM

I've had two sets of them so far and will have a third when I get some spare coin.

I think you will enjoy them and have no regrets on the purchase.

Quick Reply: New Katzkin Seats!