PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

NEW HUMMER H1

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 09:28 AM
Default NEW HUMMER H1

WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES WITH THE HUMMER H1
WAS LOOKING A LYNCH HUMMER THEY STILL HAVE SOME NEW AND SOME USED H1S
WANT TO GET ONE BUT DO NOT WANT TO GET AN UNDER EGUIPED ONE IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. ANY H1 DIAHARDS KNOW THE MAJOR DIFFERENCES?

WHAT TO LOOK FOR. ARE THEY ALL EQUIPED THE SAME AS FAR AS OFF ROADING?

WE HAVE AN H2 SPECIAL EDITION AND THAT CAME WITH ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES. HAS ALL THE OPTIONS!! WANT TO GIVE TO THE WIFE AND GET MY OWN H1.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.

THANKS MUCH/

Old 12-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: NEW HUMMER H1

The Lynch website has a section for model year changes. It details what the changes are between each year. Lynch doesn't usually sell Hummers earlier than 1999/2000. !998 is a great year for Hummers.( no tortion trac ) In the later years there were few options. The trucks came with almost everything standard. If you are going off roading you want the front and rear e-lockers, winch, MTR tires etc. Can't remember for sure but I think 2003 and up you could get the e-lockers from the factory. Lynch's website will tell you. I have a 1997 H1 wagon that I love to drive and a 2006 H1 Alpha. They are different but I love both of them. Figure out what you really think you want to do with the truck ( daily driver, off road toy, etc ) and buy a truck set up more toward that use. Some of the used trucks will have extra accessories like roof racks, off road lights, etc that you are generally getting for free or on the cheap when you buy the truck used. Lynch is not known for dealing much on their prices but they generally have very nice trucks. Be sure to do the walk around inspection with the salesperson and get the full story on the truck and its condition.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:30 AM

In my opinion 1997.5 and up are all simularly equipt sure they made some changes over the years but not really much. The only big change came in 2006 with the DMax and Alison Transmission sure before that was the Interior upgrade but I am not too interested in that. Also like 3hummers stated there was ABS and TT4 in 1999 and new models. Sure great for onroad but most dont like it offroad and opt for the 98 without it and BTM their way out. As for fully loaded just as 3hummers stated goto lynch hummer and check the model year and see what options were available and then you will know what to look for or ask.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:14 PM

Most of the h1s have the same general offroad equip.(the stuf that makes a hummer a hummer)in 2004 hummer redesigned the interior (very well) and tweeked a few things and in 2006, in a last effort to save the h1 they intoduced the alpha with a 6.6l 300HP duramax diesel. I suggest looking for one with the adventure package (available in '04 +) where you get better offroad tires and a 12,000 Lb. winch.