PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the Hummer family

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Default New to the Hummer family

New here and new to Hummers. I took the plunge into Hummerdom a little over a week ago with a customized H3. I'll be honest, the H3 does nothing for me stock. I thought it was a tad boring. But, as with many vehicles, you don't realize the potential lurking underneath the surface until you see one with some custom touches.
I had an '05 Murano (great car- very refined- smooth, quick and comfortable) that I was getting bored with, and waskicking around the idea of getting something more truck-like/jeep-like. I wanted something new, not too big, not too small, andw/o the dime-a-dozen syndrome.
The H3 was not on my list, but then something unexpected happened. I was out and about a couple of weeks ago and as I was driving by the local Hummer dealer, something caught my eye. Without boring everyone with details, the bottom line is that I stopped to take a closer look and took it for a spin. That was a Tuesday. I traded the Murano anddrovethe H3home that Friday night (Apr 27).
So far, so good- for the most part. Some minor little issues to iron out, but the dealer is being incredible about getting everything taken care of.
I love driving it, it's exactly what I was going for. A bit more rugged, but still comfortable. This thing is fun as all get out around town.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2423/5DAE45D8EAF2495E914D28CDC5003CAE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Default RE: New to the Hummer family

Congrats on the new ride! We've seen that Hummer on here before IIRC. Enjoy!

Old 05-07-2007, 03:46 PM

ORIGINAL: littlehummerboy

We've seen that Hummer on here before IIRC. Enjoy!
Really? Any ideawho posted? Or when and where?
Just curious.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:00 PM

ORIGINAL: greenshirt77

We've seen that Hummer on here before IIRC. Enjoy!
Really? Any ideawho posted? Or when and where?
Just curious.
Here is the link, originally posted by rutdogg. https://www.hummerforums.com/m_40072/tm.htmThe link to the photos has since been broken as rutdogg has done a little tidying his phot album, but I remember the truck well. You and rutdogg are in the same area, maybe he's even pulled you over?(He's a police officer)

Old 05-07-2007, 04:00 PM

Congrats on the new ride! We've seen that Hummer on here before IIRC. Enjoy!
I thought the same thing as well.......but couldn't place it. That silver and white IS very striking.

GS77, where are you located (If you want to say that is)..........?

Old 05-07-2007, 04:13 PM

[/quote]
Here is the link, originally posted by rutdogg. https://www.hummerforums.com/m_40072/tm.htmThe link to the photos has since been broken as rutdogg has done a little tidying his phot album, but I remember the truck well. Maybe you guys are in the same area?
[/quote]

Thanks for the link.
Seems quite a few people don't like the paint, but it's actuallyone of the things that attracted me toit.
I think the plain lines of the H3 are a bit blah in a solid color. Not bad, just plain. I liked the fact that the design of the paint job breaks up the lines a bit and seems to give adiffperspective of the whole vehicle.
Me likey and I guess that's all that counts.

Gunner- I am in Va Beach.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:32 PM

The paint job defintely gives it a unique look. In the original picture that was posted here earlier, I don't remember it having those rims, the brush guard or the roof rack, did you add those, or were they already on?

Old 05-07-2007, 04:33 PM

I think It reminded me of the old SMA hummer as well...

Old 05-07-2007, 05:30 PM

Welcome Greenshirt77!

My favorite color is green and fav number is 77 ... word! [8D]

Old 05-07-2007, 06:59 PM

Welcome and congrats on the new rig!I for one love the paint job! It looks great! [sm=Flahssssss.gif]

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Quick Reply: New to the Hummer family