PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New head on my '07 next week...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Default New head on my '07 next week...

Boy, after reading LawWyfe's thread, I am more than a little concerned. I have nearly 25,000 miles on my H3 since December. Any advice on how to pursuade my dealership to provide an extended warranty once the head is replaced?

Thanks.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Default RE: New head on my '07 next week...

I doubt GM would offer an extended warratny on an '07 H3, as they already come with a 5 yr, 100,000 mile warranty on the drivetrain. but it sure does not hurt to ask. This thread may help
https://www.hummerforums.com/m_62294/tm.htm

Old 05-07-2007, 07:23 PM

i dont think they willgive any extended warranty on a 07
thatcomes w/ the 100k warranty.... i think the only extended some ofthe 06's
to 100k

but i have been wrong many time
it would be nice if they would go 50k more

Old 05-07-2007, 11:04 PM

My promised warranty extension is NOT even 100,000 - so you have 30,000 on me! I do not believe they will hand out any extensions on something that already has a 100K warranty. I also believe part of the reason they have given them to 06 ownersis because the 07's came out with double our warranty.

Old 05-08-2007, 06:43 PM

I thought the 2007 models didn't have the head problem?

Old 05-09-2007, 12:46 AM

thats sucks

Old 05-09-2007, 10:55 AM

Perhaps we should start a new head thread/poll on 07's to keep track? (I think there are at leasta couple here now)

Old 05-09-2007, 01:05 PM

My impression about the 07s are to; NOT TO SWEAT IT!

The micro few that have had issues in the 07 models are probably normal flaws that any car or make or model COULD experience...I'd be willing to bet it is not going to be a probelm like the early 06s was.

And as it is, there is serveral, several thousand 06s still running around with high mileage and NO head probelms either.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

My impression about the 07s are to; NOT TO SWEAT IT!

The micro few that have had issues in the 07 models are probably normal flaws that any car or make or model COULD experience...I'd be willing to bet it is not going to be a probelm like the early 06s was.

And as it is, there is serveral, several thousand 06s still running around with high mileage and NO head probelms either.
I agree with Dennis, this was probably just bad luck, not a sign of a manufacturing defect. Of course, I'm crossing my fingers!

Old 03-13-2008, 08:09 AM
Default RE: New head on my '07 next week... IT'S TIME TO SWEAT IT

Well Dennis.... it's time for me to sweat it ..... Hi folks, long time since I posted anything on the site since the dreaded steering column problem I had last year (no thumping sound since it was replaced 6 months ago). I have logged over 24,000 miles on my 07 H3 with no other major issues until last week. The engine started the rough idle problem which quickly worked itself to the "Check Engine" light comming on and staying on. I pushed the Onstar button and the advisor told me it was a "Multiple Miss Fire" code and to take it in to a dealer ASAP. I took my ride to DeMontrund Hummer in Houston TX and they sort of joked with me saying it was a head failure. I asked him about the 07's vs 06's on the heads and he said that some of the 25k mile 07's are starting to pop up with the problem also. He put me in a brand new 08 Alpha, tore off the window sticker and sent me on my way. Yee Ha.... this thing is Bad *** ! Well 3 days later he calls me and says its time to return the Alpha and take my baby back (un-repaired). Apparently the new heads are in stock but the gasket-kits are on Nationwide back order for at least a month. DeMontrund says its ok to drive the H3 as usual and to not worry about it, they will replace the head when the gaskets come in. John (the Service Manager) promised to put me in an H2 when they do the head replacement but I think I am going to see if I can get the Alpha back . I loved it! It did not have the same engine noise as the firstAlpha I drove back in December and it really does haul ***!(loves to drink though). So I guess there are some of the 07's with 25k miles starting to pop up with the dreaded head issue (mine is a December 06 build date). I still think the H3 is an awsome vehicle to own and drive, and the Hummer guys do take very good care of the customer (at least that is how its been for me with DeMontrund in Houston). I will buy another one, if and when I wear my 07 out. Most likely go for the Alpha model. All you Hummer folks keep the H3 love rollin' [8D]

Charlie

Quick Reply: New head on my '07 next week...