PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New H3, here is everything I need/want. Help please.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Default New H3, here is everything I need/want. Help please.

Just got my H3 adventure package boulder gray 2007 friday. I am going to list the things I want and was hoping for recommendations on brand names, good prices and sources for the items. I am looking for all products in black, I like chrome, but I like the black better. Any input is greatly appreciated.

1. Nerf Bar or skid plate/runner that has a step up. See my thread about the Dominator II. I have to get this first, my wife insists on it since she is all of 5'1" at her tallest. She literally has to "hop" in.

2. Front brush guard and / :

3. Front brush guard / winch combination.

4. Locking gas cap.

5. Low profile roof rack with either built in lighting or one that I can add lighting to later.

6. Tire cover (canvas/leather type is fine, or better but must be black and prefer either no writing or "Hummer" only.

Thanks for any input. I am trying to buy the best I can with the money I have. I don't need top of the line anything but I don't want something that is going to break. I live in Arizona and will be taking it out Ghost Town hunting when I get the stuff on I need.

Rob

Old 05-14-2007, 04:39 PM
Default RE: New H3, here is everything I need/want. Help please.

I'm a newby here also but I got a few of my accessories at www.hummerpartsclub.com
The orders I've placed arrived quickly and were of good quality. Hope this helps some.

Jenn

Old 05-14-2007, 04:55 PM

Most everything there on that listI don'thave..sorry can't help ya....But congratulations.

Old 05-14-2007, 05:06 PM

I have a rigid/leather black tire cover in black with silver "Hummer H3" lettering, I would sell cheap, but not sure it would fit on your tires. I have the non-adventure, and don't know if it would fit the larger tires. I'll try and find out, and send you pics if you are interested.

Old 05-14-2007, 05:20 PM

I bought my chrome nerf bars off ebay, a dealer in Houston had them for about $200.00, they were factory bars and the box said factory second but I could not find a scratch or missing part in the deal.

I got my roof rack off ebay too, forget what dealer but they were priced well and fit well. They came with the polished metal HUMMER name plates on each base (4 sets). I think it was about $250 for the set, they look factory and aren't very tall but they don't include any way to connect lights.

You can get a GM light bar that bolts to the roof, it has two lights and is low profile but it ain't cheap... plus it looks difficult to install and wire, probably want the dealer to install and provide warranty for it in case it leaks.

Get the PCM update for your H3 if you want to improve the performance. It wasn't listed on your list but should be!

welcome aboard

Old 05-14-2007, 11:12 PM

for the nerf bars I would get the rocky road rock sliders, they have a step rail built onto them....awesome looking and will keep with the off-road theme of your truck. There are a few winch plates/bumpers available...h20 makes a nice front winch bumper/pushbar unit...costly but awesome! The gm lightbar is not bright at all and definately not worth the money, better off getting a gobi stealth rack and putting lights on that or just getting a real wheels lightbar for $235 and adding your own lights.

Old 05-15-2007, 09:07 AM

Thanks for the fast responses. I will be checking into all recommedations. And yes, littlehummerboy, if you find it can fit my tires let me know, If you need exact tire specs for mine let me know.

Rob

Old 05-15-2007, 09:57 AM

The factory brush guard, underbody skid plates and side rock rails work great.

Check out the Defender Roof Rack. Made by Off Road Unlimited formerly Conferr
http://www.defenderracks.com/

Old 05-15-2007, 11:45 AM

Looking at the Defender Roof rack but the website does not list it for the 2007. Is there a difference or will the 06 fit the 07?

Old 05-15-2007, 11:51 AM

roof rails are the same part # for 06&07 so it will fit.

Quick Reply: New H3, here is everything I need/want. Help please.