PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New H1 owner! Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 12:31 AM
Default New H1 owner! Need help!

Hey everyone, I just bought a 96 wagon yesterday morning. The car is in good shape but will not start! It cranks but will not start. Previous owner said he owned it for 7 years and had it serviced twice a year, I did the car fax and he wasn't dieing, 21 service records came up while he owned the car. He said he went to start the car one day and it just wouldn't start. It has the diesel motor, and about 91k on the dash (actual mileage,the previous owner bought it with 30k in 03). It also looks like the tank is on empty, but I highly doubt that is the reason it doesn't run. And I do hear the fuel pump running when I turn the key to start.

Please let me know what to do, I know nothing about diesels!

Old 08-21-2010, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by *fill-up*
and he wasn't dieing, !
lying*

Old 08-21-2010, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Sending unit on top of the tanks may have failed. Have you checked the fuel pump, fuel filter? PM Hummech on this forum. He is an H1 mechanic and can walk you through what to look for.

Which motor do you have, the TD or NA?

Old 08-21-2010, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by 3hummers
Sending unit on top of the tanks may have failed. Have you checked the fuel pump, fuel filter? PM Hummech on this forum. He is an H1 mechanic and can walk you through what to look for.

Which motor do you have, the TD or NA?
I have not checked the fuel pump or filter yet, I will have it towed to my shop on monday morning and will update you then.

And according to the vin it is a turbo diesel, but I couldn't find a turbo on it when I looked at it, however I have very limited knowledge to diesels

Old 08-22-2010, 06:12 PM

If the 4th digit of the VIN # is a Y it is naturally aspirated and if it is a Z it is a turbo.

3hummers and or Hummech will be able to help you with this. Check out the flashoffroad site for H1 hummer info. It is great.

Good luck with the whole thing.

Forsche