PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy without Hummer H3

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 02:13 AM
Default New guy without Hummer H3

I hope you guy's don't mind me hangin out here. I drive a 06 4runner 4x4 V8, but am an H3 fan. I came from GM 04 Z71 Tahoe which I had alot of problem's with and when the warranty was off and it needed $3000.00 worth of work and I went back and forth with GM div. rep's. and they basically to go "F" myself. It was a nice vehicle and only had 50k on it,and I usually only keep my vehicle's 2-3 years because I put alot of mile's on. The ONLY reason's I did'nt go for the H3 is 1. GM had me a little pissed off at the time and 2. I loved the H3 but could'nt deal with the lack of power and I don't know if they have changed that yet or not, this was when they pretty much came out. I wanted an SUV I could atleast do a little off roading with that actually had a full frame under it and as you know it's pretty slim pickens now day's , so I'm trying Toyota 4Runner ( 1st time) it a nice vehicle and get good milage for what it is so I can't bitch. I like all types of 4x4 truck's and as long as someone works hard for what they have and have pride in it I'm not biased at all, so I hope you all won't be tword this 4Runner guy.

I hope you don't mind me hangin here with you all and throwing in my .02 once in a while.

I actually applied for a sales job at our local Hummer store last week, still waiting to hear though. I'm 44 y/o and have alway's had a passion for 4x4's and know more than most of the sales people , but when your into something you all know how that goes. I just need a career change and have an excellent job in sales for the last 14 years , but just burned out and need to do something more enjoyable......we'll see how that goes. I also work for the Fed.Gov't part time so Im have a good set up for the future.

My first question
Have they upped the HP or cubic inches or amount of cylinders since it's introduction,or do they plan to ?

thanks all
Mike

Old 07-18-2006, 10:48 AM
Default RE: New guy without Hummer H3

Hi Mike, you're more than welcome to hang out here..The Toyota is a fine machine and maybe even better than the HUMMER H3 in a lot of ways.

But if you do a little more reading of the more recent posts, you'll see that the 07 H3 will still have the I5 but with 20 more HP and it will be a 3.7L ..That is about the only big difference right now I know of from th 06 to the 07.

Old 07-18-2006, 11:33 AM

A 4runner man your welcome anytime i had three 4 runner i love them so much never a problem.

fine machine and maybe even better than the HUMMER H3 in a lot of ways.
IT IS BETTER

Old 07-18-2006, 01:33 PM

maybe even better than the HUMMER H3 in a lot of ways.
IT IS BETTER

As long as I am living in the USA there will never be a Jap POS better than an american made H3....sorry no offence meant to the owner of the 4runner, you seem like a nice dude and are welcome to hang here.

I help make foreign oil tycoons rich because I have no choice, I refuse to help make foreign car companies rich.

Old 07-18-2006, 09:16 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

maybe even better than the HUMMER H3 in a lot of ways.
IT IS BETTER

As long as I am living in the USA there will never be a Jap POS better than an american made H3....sorry no offence meant to the owner of the 4runner, you seem like a nice dude and are welcome to hang here.

I help make foreign oil tycoons rich because I have no choice, I refuse to help make foreign car companies rich.
Please don't call my 4Runner a POS. I've tried to come on here and be nice and admit this is my 1st. foreign vehicle I ever bought and not even brag about it or try to tell anyone how good or bad a product's is. As you may have read or maybe not the only reason I did it is because my last GM Tahoe 04 Z71 was a ****pile !!!!.....made in the USA. and GM pissed me off. I'm still a H3 fan as stated. I guess there has to be one ignorant person on every board......oh & no offence meant !

Thank's for the warm welcome to the other's , I'll be back in your pack soon , I usually get a new vehicle every 2 years so I'll be back to GM , I also have 2 Ford's in my garage too.....lol 2004 4x4 Escape and a 2003 Supercharged Mustang Cobra Vert. 491 hp @ flywheel and 440 HP to the ground.

Old 07-18-2006, 09:36 PM

Hello Mike and welcome aboard!

Sorry about your Chevy experience. My personal Chevy buying habits include buying a new one every 20 years regardless if I need to or not!

A V8 H3 is supposed to be in the works, this should make you happy. I also just learned from one of the supporting vendors that a Diesel version has also been given the go-ahead, this makes me very happy!

Seems that there will be a Hummer version to make everyone happy before long!

Old 07-18-2006, 09:55 PM

Hey Mike, What part of Beer town you from...I grew up in New Berlin and after the Navy moved back to Milw on Wells, just East of the Miller Brewery..I'm Now in Oklahoma...I sure miss them Sheboygan Brats[sm=gobble.gif]

Old 07-19-2006, 12:05 AM

I live in Meno.Falls....

It sounds like Hummer has some great thing's in the work's . I don't mind the 5 cyl. but just wish it had better power. It was'nt bad but I've alway's had v8 so the test drive was a little sluggish, but ok.

Who know's what engine's will bring with gas prices on the rise, but I never bought anything for fuel milage either......kind of stupid on my part since I drive 25k + per year.

Looking forward to hanging out and learning more about H3

Old 07-19-2006, 01:23 AM

I appoligize if I offended you, that is just my opinion. Everyone has a right to their own. Personally I worked for GM and Dodge this may be why I might come across harsh when it comes to imports. I've seen too many guys I worked in the trenches with get laid off or have to move across the country just to keep their jobs because import sales were killing the American car companies. Again, just stating my opinion, this had nothing to do with you personally.

Before you call someone here ignorant..maybe you should stick around a few days before you pass judgement.

Old 07-19-2006, 08:54 PM

"Ignortant " just my opinion....no offense . I'll voice my opinion weather I'M here a day or a year.

I can totally understand and agree with your point about fellow workers , but I'm not them and will decide what the best thing for ME and my hard earned money , not them. GM did'nt give a rip about me and told me to kiss off , so I'm not overly concerned about them either. Honestly I think it's a shame , and I'm an all american guy from head to toe and would much rather have a GM or Ford over the Toyota but unfortunatley nothing was offfered in what I wanted except a road only SUV.

I'm not knockin ya , I'm sure your a decent guy , just a little difference in opinion that's all............No I don't think your ignorant if you don't think my 4runner is a POS .......Lol , no worries man ! We just got off on the wrong foot.

Quick Reply: New guy without Hummer H3