PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Forum Member

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 02:34 PM
Default New Forum Member

Hi all, I am the proud owner of a black H2 SUT 2005 that I bought in Houston and imported and live in Curacao Dutch West Indies (next to Aruba). I am a general surgeon.
Lately I had a problem that my key got stuck in the ignition and could drive only in the third speed. My garage technician scanned the car. The error was due to a "selenoid" fault and had to put in a new one.
The problem is not fixed because now again the key gets stuck in the ignition now according to the scan because of a mismatch of the body.
I am very upset how to clear this. Can anyone help or suggest what to do.
Apart my E mail adres is jeannouelvanleeuwen@yahoo.com

Much obliged, Jeannouel van Leeuwen

Old 11-21-2006, 02:46 PM
Default RE: New Forum Member

i've had both problems, but the causes were separate.

when my key stuck in the ignition, it was because of a broken part in the shifter handle (replaced). basically, the truck would go into park, but wouldn't lock there. you could shift it out of park without pushing in the button on the shifter.

as for only being able to drive in 3rd, that was my electronic ignition module( it was replaced). i could actually drive in 1st and 3rd if i shifted "manually", but shifting from 1st to 2nd did nothing.

Old 11-21-2006, 02:54 PM

Thanks for the quick answer. So I not alone anymore. But now what to do the selenoids are replaced but now there probably is a shortcut circuit because of the board computer that does not recognize the new installed selenoids (origimals GM). How to bypass this. Of course I cleared this but then with an hour the key gets stuck and I can only cruise in third speed.

Old 11-21-2006, 03:39 PM

i'm not sure what kind of tool your mechanic is using, but if he can do another scan, and if you post the codes he's reading I can tell you what the manual says about the codes. I doubt there's a lot of hummer experienced mechanics where you are, so you may have some frustration getting this fixed.

Old 11-21-2006, 03:59 PM

Here is what my mechanic's universal scan says : Body Control Module B1440
And the Motorscan P0758A P0740B P 0753B P2761B ,but according to him new selenoids have replaced,

Hope this gives you a better lead in the manual. I ordered a manual but it will arrive in 2 weeks,

Much obliged, Jeannouel van Leeuwen

Old 11-21-2006, 04:19 PM

B1440 is the BCM, and the code is based on the ignition switch. one of the 3 ignition switch circuits has malfunctioned. the 2 repair actions are testing for poor or intermittent connections on the BCM harness or replacing the ignition switch in the steering column.

P0758 is the 2-3 shift solenoid, either shorted or open - sounds like this is what he replaced. could be the IGN 0 fuse also. P0753 is the 1-2 shift solenoid. P0740 is the TCC (torque converter clutch)

the shop manual for the 2003 H2 doesn't list a P2761 code, so not sure what that is.

reading the descriptions, it sounds like all the tranny codes can be impacted by the ignition switch. if the switch is faulty, it's not going to send the correct voltages and could be falsely causing the bad readings on your shift solenoids.

you may want to ask him to check the connections for and/or replace the ignition switch in the steering column.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by shortbus
B1440 is the BCM, and the code is based on the ignition switch. one of the 3 ignition switch circuits has malfunctioned. the 2 repair actions are testing for poor or intermittent connections on the BCM harness or replacing the ignition switch in the steering column.

P0758 is the 2-3 shift solenoid, either shorted or open - sounds like this is what he replaced. could be the IGN 0 fuse also. P0753 is the 1-2 shift solenoid. P0740 is the TCC (torque converter clutch)

the shop manual for the 2003 H2 doesn't list a P2761 code, so not sure what that is.

reading the descriptions, it sounds like all the tranny codes can be impacted by the ignition switch. if the switch is faulty, it's not going to send the correct voltages and could be falsely causing the bad readings on your shift solenoids.

you may want to ask him to check the connections for and/or replace the ignition switch in the steering column.
i always get class 2 links and key in ignition circuit, i thought maybe because i got my keys recut that was why the one code but the power mode master input bugs me i dont think i lose any power or anything just wanna know why

Last edited by atashashane; 04-24-2010 at 04:57 AM.