PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New Exhaust and Intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 07:21 PM
Default RE: New Exhaust and Intake

NICE WHEELS.......... i should be getting 24 or 26 i have to think about the size since im in new york

Old 08-18-2007, 10:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

I'm waiting for K&N to come out with an 07 H3 CAI!!!!!!!!!!! Other than that, things are cool. I emailed K&N like a month agoo and said when, when yo gonna do an 07 kit, dooods the o8s are flippin out!!!! Nothin, do they know who they are messin with!!! Ahhh, oh ya, uuhum. Or I could make a pipe for some temporary help. How about anybody and everybody interested, or not, emails K&N and says what's up with th 07 H3 kit people??!!??!!
I'm with you Doc. I keep emailing them and even calling to ask when the 07 H3 CAI is coming out. Same BS responses. I guess it wasn't high-enough volume for them to deal with the re-engineering. I don't get it because didn't the Colorado and Canyon get the same motor upgrades and wouldn't the CAI be the same for all 3 vehicles?

That said, a friend of mine told me today that he got the K&N FIPK for his Colorado and he noticed no improvement in MPG, which is my primary motivation.

Jeff

Old 08-18-2007, 10:30 PM
Super Moderator

Let's rumble!! As much as we can anyway!Maybe K&N will hear our loyalvoices?I think the Colo/Canyan would be close, but not a duplicate for a 3. I'll reserve what it does until I see it 4 myself

Old 08-18-2007, 10:51 PM

from what I have learned the only difference from the 06 to the 07 is the size of the opening for the MAS. Someone here got an 07 when they first came out and modified the CAI that he took off his 06 when he traded. He made the hole bigger with a dremel and it fit the bigger MAS in the 07. I don't remember who it was.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:42 AM

Scrapped the Billy Boat, leaks and rattles. New exhaust to be installed by custom muffler shop...

Old 09-12-2007, 10:04 AM

ORIGINAL: Breezer

Scrapped the Billy Boat, leaks and rattles. New exhaust to be installed by custom muffler shop...
REALLY!?[sm=interesting.gif] Billy Boat has a great Customer Service Dept and typically works with customers to makes things right, even if it means replacing the exhaust. Possibly it was installed in correctly?

Personally I would trust the local-yocal muffler shop to design me an efficient exhaust system.

Old 09-12-2007, 10:34 AM

ORIGINAL: D VADER

REALLY!?[sm=interesting.gif] Billy Boat has a great Customer Service Dept and typically works with customers to makes things right, even if it means replacing the exhaust. Possibly it was installed in correctly?

Personally I would trust the local-yocal muffler shop to design me an efficient exhaust system.
The exhaust has been replaced and the catalytic converter replaced. After getting to the know the Service Manager at the local Hummer Dealer, the majority of their Billy Boat installs come back with the same issue. In regard to the local-yocal, not sure if you meant "wouldn't", I live in So Cal with some of the greatest performance shops in the World. If anyone is local-yocal, it is the Hummer Dealer. In turn, they may be 100% responsible for the leak. Regardless, I will go with a high end cat back system installed by a professional. I have given the Dealer five attempts and over 10 hours of my time... Not to mention, they left the directions on the pipe the first time, which I found smoldering when scoping out the leak. It is possible others may have better luck than I and the Dealer is deflecting their inadequacies...

My goal is to let the H3 breath for light towing.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2029/C30375726FAF40509DA77FFCE8546F2F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2029/43E418E532C1411684C3ED8A36581808.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2029/5A1A2C94F0504BFF94DA18AFCBE6B56D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-12-2007, 10:55 AM

I didn't mean to step on your toes Breezer. Any Dealer would be an example of a local-yocal. The Tecnicians may even be ASA trained but it's not in the field of engine design and performance parts.

Big time exhaust designers like Billy Boat, Magnaflow, Borla and Corsa have the unique where-with-all to design and test their products. Most speed shops don't have the access or the equipment to test the flow and performance of their designs. Typically each exhaust is a one-off design and no two are a like. Our I-5 is not at the top of most speed shop's list for testing. Taking a single exhaust and creating a faux dual system is a joke in it's self. But when GM asks Corsa or Billy Boat to design an exhaust, I bet some engineering went into it.

Just sharing my point of view. Enjoy your day.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 09-12-2007, 11:29 AM

I didn't mean to step on your toes Breezer. Any Dealer would be an example of a local-yocal. The Tecnicians may even be ASA trained but it's not in the field of engine design and performance parts.

Big time exhaust designers like Billy Boat, Magnaflow, Borla and Corsa have the unique where-with-all to design and test their products. Most speed shops don't have the access or the equipment to test the flow and performance of their designs. Typically each exhaust is a one-off design and no two are a like. Our I-5 is not at the top of most speed shop's list for testing. Taking a single exhaust and creating a faux dual system is a joke in it's self. But when GM asks Corsa or Billy Boat to design an exhaust, I bet some engineering went into it.

I hear ya, I should have been more specific, it won't be a custom bend. It will probably be a cat back magnaflow properly installed. If I installed the BB there prob. wouldn't have been an issue. When it went back the second time they just over tightened and bent the flange. If they followed the directions, instead of trying to start them on fire, maybe it would have worked out. Nothing against BB, I just know the Dealer is incapable of making it work. To note, I had them do it becuase I got a huge labor discount and a 15% discount on the parts, like ususal, I was only there for an oil change. At present, the stock exhaust if being put back on, in turn, maybe I am a little touchy on this issue... [sm=smiley18.gif] If so, my apologies and thanks for the info. Thanks.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:22 PM

I hear ya, I should have been more specific, it won't be a custom bend. It will probably be a cat back magnaflow properly installed. If I installed the BB there prob. wouldn't have been an issue. When it went back the second time they just over tightened and bent the flange. If they followed the directions, instead of trying to start them on fire, maybe it would have worked out. Nothing against BB, I just know the Dealer is incapable of making it work. To note, I had them do it becuase I got a huge labor discount and a 15% discount on the parts, like ususal, I was only there for an oil change. At present, the stock exhaust if being put back on, in turn, maybe I am a little touchy on this issue... [sm=smiley18.gif] If so, my apologies and thanks for the info. Thanks.
Makes sense to me Breezer. I know from experience that some dealerships hire techs by $ instead of skill level.

Quick Reply: New Exhaust and Intake