PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New 2008 H3 Alpha with 5.3l V8

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 12:38 AM
Default RE: New 2008 H3 Alpha with 5.3l V8

Yeah It'll be interesting to see how it actually gets released. Hopefully that was just a poorly written press release???

Old 04-10-2007, 02:02 AM
Default RE: New 2008 H3 Alpha with 5.3l V8

ORIGINAL: Ghostrider

So...its just as an Alpha? That sucks.

What about if you want to go off road more than a few times? Add a few grand for the locking diff and t-case upgrade...then strip off all the chrome packages and add brush guard...

Why would they make it a single package with the engine? Why not make it just an engine option? In my opinion, they are starting to cater too much to the soccer moms and the off road is starting to become just heritage and not capability. I was hoping the H3 Alpha would be something like a V8 with full skid plates, front/rear locking diffs, NO chrome, big lights galore,andtied in with that "Tactical Edition"...its like they appeased the off roaders at first to avoid the criticism, and now they are going back to bring out 10 versions of the chromed out "Mirrored Edition"
I agree that it should be offered as an option, so if i wanted a black adventure package w/ a V8 it would be possible -- my guess is that they'll have that option eventually. I also agree that there is more and more chrome showing up from the factory, and its harder and harder to get rid of (I'm a fan of the black out - see avatar). I will say that Hummer has done the right thing, because unfortunately, there aremany more people in the bling category than the black out category. However -- nothing off-road has changed, and it hasn't lost off-road capability. When they start putting on more chrome that limits the off-road capability from the factory I'll be concerned with them giving up the off-road roots.