PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some help on how to drop my oil pan????

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 12:30 PM
Default need some help on how to drop my oil pan????

my oil pan gasket its on its way out and i was wondering if anyone knows exactly what needs to be remove to get the oil pan out >????? i dont have a lift so that makes it a bit harder i think ... thanks in advance ....

Old 01-10-2015, 12:49 PM

You are into some fun here. Just had my oil pump replaced. I had reaearched that you didn't have to drop the front diff. but my mechanic said he had to in order to remove the pan.

I was going to attempt it myself but would have had to leave stored jeep outside in the snow. I opted for sometimes it's better to pay for it. As much as it kills me to let anyone touch my rigs.

What repair are you into?

Old 01-10-2015, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by madmayo
You are into some fun here. Just had my oil pump replaced. I had reaearched that you didn't have to drop the front diff. but my mechanic said he had to in order to remove the pan.

I was going to attempt it myself but would have had to leave stored jeep outside in the snow. I opted for sometimes it's better to pay for it. As much as it kills me to let anyone touch my rigs.

What repair are you into?
as of now the only thing i have in mind down there its the gasket that is leaking and like you i hate paying for something i may be able do my myself ...

Old 01-20-2015, 12:42 AM

It is a huge pain in an H2. The pickup tube goes very low in the pan and you have to either drop the front diff, or get the motor very very high.
I just pulled my motor and it was still a PITA trying to get it out in prep for getting the motor out.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Signal25
It is a huge pain in an H2. The pickup tube goes very low in the pan and you have to either drop the front diff, or get the motor very very high.
I just pulled my motor and it was still a PITA trying to get it out in prep for getting the motor out.
thanks for the reply, sounds like i may get someone else to do this .....