PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need a qualified H1 mechanic in jersey area

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 12:21 PM
Default need a qualified H1 mechanic in jersey area

Hi guys Im new here and about to purchase a used H1, I wanted to see if anyone here knows a qualified H1 mechanic that can do a thorough pre purchase inspection for me in the Jersey area. I much appreciate the information.

Old 08-17-2016, 06:23 PM

Welcome to the forum. Finding a good "qualified" mechanic here, in the northeast might be a difficult task. If I could suggest, to educate yourself as much as possible by reading the posts in this and other forums so you have some idea of what to look for. It is always best to find someone who is already familiar with the H1 but it is not easy. There are some common problems that you will read about and then there are some other problems that not make the forum as much. Post here what you are looking to purchase and many will help you as they helped me back in April. Good luck.

Old 08-17-2016, 06:45 PM

thanks, I have been lurking around here and basically doing as much research as possible online about the H1 so Im somewhat familiar with the basic information regarding these cars. The one I'm looking at is a 2001 with over 70K miles on it, it has a "vin" after the ones that were supposed to be affected by the number 8 cyl failure and seems to have a decent service history from what I can tell but it is not near me and I can't get on a plane to look at it, hence the need for someone, preferebly who is familiar with these cars and really knows what to look for before my purchase...

Old 09-01-2016, 05:27 PM

As far as I know, Tor is the best tech in the area. He is in Bridgeton NJ (near Philly and Baltimore). Contact me privately and I'll give you his number (I don't like posting people's numbers online). He works at a GM dealership during the day but does side work on Hummers at home and I have heard good things about him.