PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Need help with wheel offset ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 11:33 AM

Well the +20 was already shipped when try to switch . Hopefully will fit

Cops are not a problem in my area but I was trying to stick as close I can to Oem , I read that change offset could affect stiring,suspension and ride
Thats why I chosen +20 .
anyway I will find out in a few days . Seller costumer service was great , he will take it back for a full refund if not fit

I never realized that buying wheels were so complicated . 😠

Old 06-19-2015, 12:14 PM

Let us know how it works out.

Hopefully it does. On the chance that it doesn't, are you willing to look at other brands?

Old 06-19-2015, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Synthetickiller
Fuel has some weird sizes.

I'd try to get a wheel that fits the same way, but that's just me. My wheels, +12, 5.5 work perfectly & sit in the same place as stock.

Every time I look at wheels sizes, I have to re-learn all over again what offset & backspacing are. I always try to stay close to original. You either do that or have the tires sticking out & depending on the cops in your area, they can pull you over for it (it usually has to be excessive).

I see that there's only the two offsets/backspacings for the 17x9 / 8x6.5/165.1. I really can't say if 1 offset, 5+ backspacing would work, but that's cutting it close at the very least.

Im looking into getting some rockstars and specs on rim are 17 (17x9) XD Series Rockstar 8x165.1 -12mm Matte Black Wheels Rims. Would these rims stick out alot? Or will they be close to oem? thx

Old 06-19-2015, 04:02 PM

I think backspacing matters the most for clearance, then offset, but I could be wrong. I'm not a guru.

Check this site out: Link!

If you're not sure, you can always call some online wheel seller & ask.

Old 06-19-2015, 06:34 PM

Thanks for the link .
backspace is what worries me more . The clearance with the Oem wheel is very tight
.I got the option to add a spacer or if it doesn't fit I will get the same wheel but with +1 offset and 4.75BS which for sure will works

Old 06-19-2015, 06:55 PM

I did a 4.5" backspace after researching backspacing/offset and all that crap which I had no clue. A 4.5" backspace pushed my wheels out perfectly in line with my fender flares and gave it one hell of a mean wide stance!

Old 06-19-2015, 07:59 PM

QUOTE=LoJac963;327467]I did a 4.5" backspace after researching backspacing/offset and all that crap which I had no clue. A 4.5" space pushed my wheels out perfectly in line with my fender flares and gave it one hell of a mean wide stance![/QUOTE]

For unknown reason my Oem wheel/tires stick a little out of the fender flares , which I like .. the new wheels are wider so Im hoping it stay the same . Worry is the inside cleareance mostly with the torsion bar which had less than 1 inch at full turn

I was thinking as second option to add a spacer . Just enough to get the clearance needed

Will this work ... safe?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AUA...r+wheel+spacer

Old 06-19-2015, 08:27 PM

I would think that would work.
I'm not a fan of spacers, but if you have no other options, it's not as if it's a very thick spacer, so there shouldn't be too much trouble.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:24 AM

My plan was to always go with the military wheels and spacers. I did so much research on spacers and still decided against that combo and went full aftermarket wheels with the backspace I wanted.

Spacers would be fine if you spend the money on some quality hub centric spacers. From what I've read, lug centric will work but hub centric are much safer in the long run. Has to do with load on the hub lip compared to the lug centric which puts all the load on the lugs only.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
My plan was to always go with the military wheels and spacers. I did so much research on spacers and still decided against that combo and went full aftermarket wheels with the backspace I wanted.

Spacers would be fine if you spend the money on some quality hub centric spacers. From what I've read, lug centric will work but hub centric are much safer in the long run. Has to do with load on the hub lip compared to the lug centric which puts all the load on the lugs only.
I've heard of the 16.5s w/ goodyears being nothing but trouble in the long run. Not many positive things can be said about the set up or the price. I think you're making a much better descision & saving in the process.

The hub centric loading benefits make sense. Loading the lugs sounds like a recepie for trouble. You're going about this the right way.

Can't wait to see how everything looks & fits.

Quick Reply: Need help with wheel offset ASAP