PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with a tire carrier

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 02:17 PM
Default Need help with a tire carrier

Good day everyone,

My first post here. I recently bought a 04 H2 and I totally love it, however I have to get that tire out of the back and onto a tire carrier. I've found a few on eBay for $500 with I assume isn't just an outstanding deal on eBay, that it is probably not of a decent quality. I've also found some on other sites for $1000+ with is very much on the edge of my budget, perhaps even a bit over. I've also found a used on on Kajiji but it is $1350 with some modifications for a high lift jack.

I have found something that appears to be new on the market at http://blackpawinnovations.com/. I have an email into the manufacturer about warranty and accessories that come with it for the price that is quoted, as well as shipping costs to Canada. Has anybody ever used one of these on a Hummer and if so what is the quality of it?

Does anybody have a line on a good quality tire carrier that won't break my bank account and cause my wife to break my neck?

I would love to go with one of the Gobi roof racks with the tire carrier on there, but that is most definitely out of my price range. The only alternative is to find a welding shop locally and see how much they would charge to put something together for me.

Thanks for any and all help and opinions that you can offer.

Mike

Old 02-03-2010, 06:06 PM

I bought mine off of Craig's List for $300. You might want to give CL a try.