PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help With H2 Dual DVD Headrest

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Default Need Help With H2 Dual DVD Headrest

Hi All,

I recently acquired an 07 H2 that originally came from the factory with the Dual headrest DVD system. Somewhere along the line the headrests went missing so when I acquired it they had been replaced with some low end uni-fit dvd headrests. The GM accessory version is available but I would like to find the factory set.

From my research it seems the driver's side is still available but the passenger side isn't. However, the DVD head unit is the same part that fits both sides. What I am unable to determine is what is the difference between the headrests themselves? What I found out so far is that there is no discernible difference, appearance wise but since I don't have the originals I can't verify for sure. Assuming they are identical in construction the next question is what is the difference between the two?

Suppliers tell me that because there are two part numbers there is definitely a difference or there wouldn't be two part numbers. Having built a number of vehicle I know this isn't always the case. Similar left/right parts in many cases have different part numbers.

Anyway, I'm hoping one of you may have the same OEM system and can tell me if there are any differences between the two sides that you can tell or better yet you have experience installing/removing them and can tell me if maybe there is a difference in the cables that lead from each one although research so far suggests there isn't.

Sorry for the long winded email but thanks in advance for your help.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:29 PM

For the GM Accessory Invision systems, the drivers side contains an FM modulator which allows you to transmit the audio from the DVD player through your stereo system if desired. However, you can also use the two wireless headphones for more privacy when watching two different movies. Check out my posting for more details.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:42 PM

eBay has them...got mine there but needed to find a few missing pieces that took months to locate...most harnesses are discontinued...

Old 12-17-2012, 08:45 PM

I sell the complete systems for all H2's and H3's. No missing parts in these new and Genuine GM Accessory Dual DVD Headrest systems with the Hummer splash.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:25 PM

The ones I have found on eBay are either the GM accessory and not the factory installed system, the '06 and earlier version with headrest w/monitors and the DVD is in the console, or the H3 versions which someone told me are actually interchangeable with the H2. I have yet to confirm that but I do know the upholstery in an H3 is either cloth or has contrasting piping so would need to be recovered.

@CarAddict - Assuming the ones you found are in fact the factory installed versions, can you tell me if there are any differences between the drivers side and passenger side? From what I can tell, even though there are different part numbers they seem to actually be identical. People have told me the different part numbers mean different parts but I've built a few vehicles over the years and have found that to not always be true.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:57 AM

[QUOTE=bikerbum;289705]The ones I have found on eBay are either the GM accessory and not the factory installed system, the '06 and earlier version with headrest w/monitors and the DVD is in the console, or the H3 versions which someone told me are actually interchangeable with the H2. I have yet to confirm that but I do know the upholstery in an H3 is either cloth or has contrasting piping so would need to be recovered.

@CarAddict - Assuming the ones you found are in fact the factory installed versions, can you tell me if there are any differences between the drivers side and passenger side? From what I can tell, even though there are different part numbers they seem to actually be identical. People have told me the different part numbers mean different parts but I've built a few vehicles over the years and have found that to not always be true.[/ they look identical but I don't remember if the cords are on different sides? regardless there was plenty of xtra wire...as long as plug ends plug in you will have no issues...

Old 12-20-2012, 12:04 PM

I have seen the headrest w/monitor version and while the two sides have different part numbers they in fact are identical, the cables are the same length, come out of the same side post and have the same connector. The headrest w/dvd as I said looks the same and from the parts drawings the cables seem to be the same as well. There is a cable coming out of each post, one is the input that comes from a module that mounts under the console and the other one is output that also run to the module. This allows each dvd to play independently or view what ever is being played on the other one. The parts are costly and cannot be returned so I really would like to confirm if my assumptions are correct before I order them.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by bikerbum
The ones I have found on eBay are either the GM accessory and not the factory installed system, the '06 and earlier version with headrest w/monitors and the DVD is in the console, or the H3 versions which someone told me are actually interchangeable with the H2. I have yet to confirm that but I do know the upholstery in an H3 is either cloth or has contrasting piping so would need to be recovered.

@CarAddict - Assuming the ones you found are in fact the factory installed versions, can you tell me if there are any differences between the drivers side and passenger side? From what I can tell, even though there are different part numbers they seem to actually be identical. People have told me the different part numbers mean different parts but I've built a few vehicles over the years and have found that to not always be true.
The H3's used headrests with a post spacing of approximately 8 5/8 from the outside of one post to the outside of the other post. The H2's used headrests with a post spacing of approximately 7 1/8".

Old 12-21-2012, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Dreamrider
The H3's used headrests with a post spacing of approximately 8 5/8 from the outside of one post to the outside of the other post. The H2's used headrests with a post spacing of approximately 7 1/8".
Thanks Dreamrider. I suspected the H2 and H3 were different.