PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nav replacement questions....

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 07:32 AM

Kdog what do you plan on doing with your old factory NAV unit?
I might be in the market for a factory NAV VS the non Nav I have in my 2003 H2

Old 01-17-2012, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by paulw1029
plus the DVD player wont play while the car is in drive. "which I totaly understand" but I'm not going to make my wife sit in the back on a road trip to watch a movie. I decided not to change it out. That is "NEW TIRES AGAIN" money. lol
That is the easiest thing to override on the aftermarket decks...I think everyone now should be hooking them up as directed for liability reasons. All you have to do is tell them to wire in a toggle switch to the parking brake. That way they have installed it to not function in video mode while driving, and you can easily flip the switch so the nav unit thinks its in park. Hell I never even hooked that wire up on mine. NOTE: some features on some models are only available in park or motion.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER GO TO BEST BUY TO INSTALL ANYTHING IN YOUR VEHICLE. No exceptions, NEVER! Go to a car audio shop or do it yourself. Seriously, Never!

There is a badass Kenwood nav deck forsale in the classified section on one of the hummer forum sites. Few months old, $700 I think. Just posted in the last few days.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:41 AM

I had them install mine to where I can use my back up camera anytime and I can watch a movie anytime while driving. This was just a programming issue from what they told me. I can ride down the road and if someone is on my *** I just press a button and can see who it is. Then I pess another button and can shoot a missle at them. LOL I wish sometimes

Old 01-19-2012, 07:14 AM

Nice. I push a button and giant blow up dolls are deployed out the back. But missles, damn son you mean business.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:17 AM

There are build in triggers for relays on the keywood units. I control my offroad lights through my deck. Its not as convenient as a physical switch on your dash, but it works.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Smile Crutchfield

What I did was Call crutchfield and they were really very helpful. They told me what I needed and took me the right direction to get a nice stereio for the H2. I can still use my on-star and steering controls. Hope it helps ya... good luck

Old 01-24-2012, 06:56 AM

Two of the shops out here told me I could keep the bose amp, steering wheel controls, and onstar but I would have to pay something like $300 for all the extra wireharness/adapters. Plus the radio plus the sirius tuner plus a new subscription to that. I laughter at the guy. I can put a boombox in the back seat for cheaper.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:50 PM

I was browsing through ebay looking at well... everything H2... I ran across this DVD Nav DVD bluetooth cam it-slices-it-dices NO NAME unit from china... not sure if a no name unit from china is good-or-bad but here is the link...

2 DIN DVD GPS NAV BT iPod CHEVROLET SILVERADO HUMMER H2 | eBay

-a

Old 01-25-2012, 02:25 PM

I have heard bad things about the no name stuff like that. Software issues. System crashing ect. I have found there are certain not to go cheap on. Electronics being one of them. Check to see how hard it would be for warranty work, and what you would need to go through to get it fixed being it is not a local retailer.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by amra
I was browsing through ebay looking at well... everything H2... I ran across this DVD Nav DVD bluetooth cam it-slices-it-dices NO NAME unit from china... not sure if a no name unit from china is good-or-bad but here is the link...

2 DIN DVD GPS NAV BT iPod CHEVROLET SILVERADO HUMMER H2 | eBay

-a
So I saw some tech specs they may have accidentally left in there which lead me to a Chinese manufacturer that sells this and a lot more for under 200 a pop. If your a hacker it runs windows ce 6.0 on a dual core 600mhz ARM cpu and appears to be skinable.

Double Din 7" In-dash Car DVD Player Ipod Bluetooth FM RDS TV USB Local Delivery | eBay

Here is one with a TV tuner in it 139, almost worth the risk to check it out.

Quick Reply: Nav replacement questions....