PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

My next project......

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator
Default My next project......

Since I will pretty much be done with the interior this weekend, and the exterior is pretty much done, my next project is to install K.I.T.T. lights in my grill. This is probably not going to be easy, but since I can buy the controller for it, or custom make it using schematics, it shouldn't be too hard. So, if ANYBODY knows where I can buy big red square LED lights (or ones that use regular bulbs) let me know! Thanks

Old 10-21-2006, 05:25 AM
Default RE: My next project......

KITT like in Knight Rider???

Old 10-21-2006, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: HummBob

Yup

Old 10-21-2006, 12:01 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

ORIGINAL: HummBob

Yup
Dude you rock!!!

Old 10-21-2006, 12:46 PM

Since I will pretty much be done with the interior this weekend, and the exterior is pretty much done, my next project is to install K.I.T.T. lights in my grill. This is probably not going to be easy, but since I can buy the controller for it, or custom make it using schematics, it shouldn't be too hard. So, if ANYBODY knows where I can buy big red square LED lights (or ones that use regular bulbs) let me know! Thanks
you might want to check your local laws... I'm pretty sure that you're not allowed to have any red or blue flashing lights when your vehicle is in motion because it looks too much like the police/firemen

Old 10-21-2006, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

[/quote]
you might want to check your local laws... I'm pretty sure that you're not allowed to have any red or blue flashing lights when your vehicle is in motion because it looks too much like the police/firemen
[/quote]

Yeah I didn't think about that. I'll have to put a switch in there for it. I think alot of officers would appreciate it a little bit though

Dude you rock!!!
Thanks!!

And because of that, here is what I HOPE I can get it to look like:

Old 10-21-2006, 05:40 PM

[/quote]

Yeah I didn't think about that. I'll have to put a switch in there for it. I think alot of officers would appreciate it a little bit though

Dude you rock!!!
Thanks!!

And because of that, here is what I HOPE I can get it to look like:

[/quote]

SWEETName:  thumbsup.gif
Views: 24
Size:  3.2 KB

Old 10-22-2006, 12:34 AM

The knight rider theme is TOTALLY playing in my mind right now! Hello, Michael!

Old 10-22-2006, 01:07 AM

Do you want my opinion?...Don't take offense, this just fatherly advise son..

Dump the idea all together..Unless this is just hypothetical for friendly discussion, then never mind...Cuz otherwize dude..If I were to see you coming down the road with this alien UFO lightshow from behind your grille...I would think to myself,What the hell??.. man-o-man that is really stupidly insane and totally ugly...what's this guy trying to do?..Play smokey and the bandit?..

No man, Bad idea ...really!![:'(]

Old 10-22-2006, 02:41 PM

You might consider LEDs accent lighting. Putting them under the rocker panels or step bars. Having them come when you unlock or open ther doors. Practical to make sure you're not stepping into mud getting in and out. Add some inside to help the poor placement of the reading/map light. Even putting some under the fake air intakes, behind the grill, or behind the spare tire. Lots of options. More 21st century.

Quick Reply: My next project......