PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

My New Exhaust lol...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 11:42 PM
Default My New Exhaust lol...

So I'm a member of the hummer xclub and read their boards as well as these... well a guy named 'Hunner' got to talking to me about cat back exhausts... Well to make a long story short... this guy just cut his muffler out completely and didn't install another.

Here is a pic of what it looks like lol

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ght=air+intake

So I got to asking him about the sound and everything else... and he said it didn't sound bad at all almost like cat back itself. Well since I was going to buy a catback in a week or so anyway... hehe...I decided to give it a shot and see what it really did sound like. So I went to lowes bought me a hand hacksaw and went to work ... 30-45 mintues later I don't even have a hole in this thing yet lol.... So I went back to lowes and got me another hacksaw... This one was a lot tougher... within about 15-20 mintues lateroff comes the muffler lol... I moved it out of the way in the garage then crossed my fingers and started the truck.... Sure enough he was right it didn't idle loud at all... so I decided to take it for a spin and see...At cruising speeds I couldn't really tell the difference, but if I stomped on it at from a dead start you could def tell there was a different sound. It didn't sound like a 7" bumble bee can on an import though. It was a little deeper in tone and not too much to hate yourself for just cutting off a 40lb muffler lol... So for now I think I'm going to save the few hundred bucks and keep this setup, because of the fact that I have been told that aftermarket catbacks with tips get damaged pretty easily if you wheel hard enough... Well I consider myself a heavy wheeler lol... I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow since it's dark out now.