PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Lights - PIAA P-3000

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 01:56 AM
Default My Lights - PIAA P-3000

I was out tonight with some cameras and thought I would take some pics of my lights. I've talked about them but never posted pics. Its a little different setup than a standard Gobi as far as lights. Instead of the single bulb PIAA 1500's which are the reccomended lamp, I oped for the PIAA P-3000's. These are a 3 bulb lamp with a yellow driving light, super white spot light and a 5w amber marker.

1500 floods, 1500 spots, Pair of P-3000's

My Rig. quick summary...06 adv, brush guard, mile marker winch w/ custom built mount, hummer decal on side, gobi roof rack, gobi ladder, 4x PIAA P-3000 lights on forward rack, 2x PIAA 1500XT lights pointed out rear, a whole quiver of various gear haulers to attach to gobi and spare tire.

These are the markers. They are tied in to the parking light fuse so they come on automatically. They are VERY bright for markers. I dont think there is a brightness law but they are definately much brighter than a standard marker. But it makes the whole housing glow so it looks like I'm driving around town with my roof lights on..which is sweet.

Super white spots. They dont look too bright because the camera is on the ground and they are pointed over it. But they are very bright. When the hi-beams are on, the colors match perfectly and really light up the horizon or the road at highway speeds.

Yellow floods. They are aimed just above the normal beams which are aimed just above the fogs. Together, they do an awesome job of lighting up the road to daylight levels at slow speeds or the entire trail up to about 500 feet away.

I also took this video because this may very well be my favorite feature of the entire rig and it cost me $0.50. I got a wig-wag out of a police car (the thing that makes the headlights flash back and forward) and since the PIAA's are wired in pairs, I hooked one lead to the relay of one pair and one lead of the relay to another. I then wired the wig wag up to use the stock hazzard button (which was hard because its a + switched unit but a - switched switch...i found out the hard way). Using the yellow markers and the amber floods, this gives me aPERFECT amber emergency light bar! And all in what looks like a normal set of roof rack lights!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bc3SMMt-Ao

The P-3000's were a bit more expensive but given all the lighting options other than on and off, I'd say its well worth it and I love em!

Old 10-30-2012, 06:04 PM

Those are pretty sweet. I am currently wireing my PIAA 1500's to my Gobi rack. I kinda wish I would have gotten the 3000's