PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My H2 Story.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 01:44 PM
Default My H2 Story.

Heys guys, havnt been around in a long while. Just recently my 05 H2 lease had ended. I had 22K miles on it and the buy out was $36K. Everyone told me that buying a lease was not a good idea. I looked into new ones but as you know are very expensive, and are taking a quick nose dive in values immediatly. I really didnt want to lease again considering how well I take care of a vehicle. The economy , gas prices and payment had me all psyched out. So I gave it up and bought an 08 Trail Blazer SS. Very nice vehicle, but certaily no hummer. Man, I missed my hummer enormously!! My family missed it too. So I started looking at new hummers again and then decided that a used one would be the way to go. I coiuld have kicked myself that I didnt buy out that lease!! But hey, thats truck is gone now. So, as luck would have it and all planets aligned i founda used 06 H2 with 17K miles on her. The add on the internet said to call for details. I called and they gave me the scoop. They didnt want to have a bunch of lookers so they didnt say what exactly the vehicle was, color, options etc. It was an 06 Fusion Orange LE loaded to the hilt. man, I just had to see this. I took the hour drive up there and that H2 SUT was just georgouse!! Took her for test drive and said "lets make this happen". The only draw back was getting rid of my new trailblazer with 1500 miles. At first they offered me a ridiculouse amonut for the Trailblazer. I then said ok thsi is what I want, I knew the value of the new H2. I showed them myTrail blazerpay off. They were $4K away from what I wanted. They all talked in the little salesperson office. The salesman cam back said ok..you have a deal. They had that H2 for 2 months and dropped the price twice. They wanted 42K for it. So all in I lost about $3k on my trail blazer but in this econmy it could have been a hell of alot worse. I feel great about the deal and i have an awesome Limited edition in a color that I think is great! So happy to have an H2 back in the driveway. It is well worth the extra gas and payment for something that you totally enjoy!!

Old 05-31-2008, 01:59 PM
Default RE: My H2 Story.

Awesome!!! Glad you got an H2 again. We have only had ours 4 weeks, (buying it not a lease) and already we know we will always been an H2 owners.

Post some pics when you can!!

Paul

Old 05-31-2008, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 05-31-2008, 02:37 PM

Congrats!

Old 05-31-2008, 03:07 PM

Congrats

Old 05-31-2008, 04:49 PM

Hey Intercooled,
You must of bought the one I was going to get!!!!! Hummer of South Portland right? I had called on a fusion orange SUT I think last weds, and spoke to my salesman. He cleaned it all up and said I had to talk to Fred in the morning, because he was off today. I called him in the morning only to tell me someone came in and bought the SUT, after they put it on hold for me.....
I don't blame you in any way, it's just that they are a bad dealership....at least with my experience with them[:@]
Well I hope you enjoy!!!!

Old 05-31-2008, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

small world

Old 05-31-2008, 04:58 PM

Yup! thats the one. Thats very strange. I know I got a good deal, It seemes like they were trying to tell me that nobody has really been interested in it and they had to move it. I do know that one guy bought 2 fusion H2's. One SUV for the wife and one SUT for himself. Both were traded in. Maybe its the other H2 ?

I called on it Wednesday morning & I went in there Wednesday night and bought it. ( sorry )

Old 05-31-2008, 05:12 PM

Yeah, the SUT was the one they pulled behind their tour bus. I guess it still has the attachments for it under the front bumper.
Don't be sorry.......it just wasn't meant to be!
I think I found an 05 with only 7000 miles on it, that I might bite on.......just got to think about it a while longer.... The only bad thing is that is doesn't have the carbon fiber dash!!!

Old 05-31-2008, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats and welcome back.

Quick Reply: My H2 Story.