PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first h3 problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 05:43 PM

I use Chinese OBD2 Scanner Bluetooth and an Android Phone app alOBD ScanGenPro to track real time data while driving. I am too lazy to take it out, so it stays in the DLC for weeks with no problems. Keyless Entry is used to lock/unlock the vehicle. I also use OBD2 Scanner to track my MPG and GPH figures. No problems.

Thank you.

Old 08-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Banned
Default special notice

i dont give a daxn if my scanner blocks my remote!!!!
in my first post i simply mentioned the fact that it did,i mentioned that i unplugged it and all is welli was done with the scanner and simply wanted to mention the first problems i ever had in 2 yrs with 2 h3,,,. no looking for any help. if your scanner and remote work together im happy for you. i dont care if mine dont. i just unplug it when im finished with it and i rarely use it.

please forget i ever mentioned that situation involving a piece of test gear and my keyless entry device. all is well.if a hundred guys want to list their devices,have at it!! ill light a candle for you

Old 08-06-2011, 07:29 PM

What a dick..... why would you post if you are just gonna **** on people that respond?

Oh and by the way...there is no way your scanner can interfere with your keyless, The scanner does not even get any communication unless the ignition is in the "on" position. The odb port is essentially dead if the key is off.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Daveleach
What a dick..... why would you post if you are just gonna **** on people that respond?

Oh and by the way...there is no way your scanner can interfere with your keyless, The scanner does not even get any communication unless the ignition is in the "on" position. The odb port is essentially dead if the key is off.
I wouldn't get too offended, he's got 1700 posts in 2 years.

Old 08-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Banned
Default #1700,informational purpose only

oops, an d corrections for accuracy so noone is misled by erroneous info.
,,,oops,,,wrong

so i got my ACTRON,CP9180,UNLOCKED the h3,and,,,are you ready!?,without my key,i plugged the scanner in the above mentioned obd2 port and reviewed all available trip data. it powers up when u plug it in,so the port is live
i messed around for a while and then,,,i closed the door and pushed the lock button on my remote,,,and,and,,,nothing!! the darned remote will not work with the scanner plugged in. oh whats a mother to do?!! i pulled the plug,closed the door,and locked up with my remote,,,as i reported a few days ago, strictly for the enlightenment of the forum participants!!

im thinking the h3 security senses it and gets nervous about some foreign device on the can bus,especially with no key in ign.
so boys and girls,,always check your facts,b4 you call them facts,or, ask the dr.!,cause if i know the truth ill tell you and if i dont know,I WONT MAKE UP A STORY LIKE WHAT HAPPENS HERE VERY OFTEN, NOT BY ME.

Last edited by drtom; 08-08-2011 at 03:41 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:52 PM

DrTom,
It's not that we don't believe that your security system "gets nervous" and disables your keyless entry. The problem we are trying to convey is that this behavior should not normally happen and has not been noticed by several of the forum members. Reading such response I would be at least alarmed, why my truck disables vehicle access while everything works on for others? May be there is a ground fault or is failing, my be there is a higher current draw, my be it is use error - I'd consider it a failure of some sort and be inclined to explore it a little further. Since you have two - I'd at least compare the behavior... But that's just me.
Of course there are other types of people, who utter problems not to find solutions, but just so that others be informed and felt sorry. I did not guess you as that type of person, but your posts speak clearly. Here is the reaction you expected:

"yeah, hummers are cool cars,,,so few problems between the two if yours in so many years, wow!,,,don't worry,,,your problems are not a big deal,,,,you'll get used to them soon enough,,,."

Thanks.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Banned

from your comments i must draw the conclusion that you and all others are using the exact same obd2 device as i am using, otherwise your comments are useless,not a comparison,but an opinion.
the other items i mentioned were for info and im not concerned with them,,,,unless they repeat!!

im totally confident that my actron would work the same on a same type h3, possibly any and all. i may be jumping to a conclusion based on my single experience, as you guys obviously are,,,maybe your obd2 reader just works different,,not a big deal.

oh i do not now have 2 h3,i have had 2 with no real trbl,now a 10

Last edited by drtom; 08-08-2011 at 02:24 PM.