Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Motivational Posters *Might be NSFW* (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/motivational-posters-%2Amight-nsfw%2A-6499/)

jdrew 07-27-2007 11:05 PM

Motivational Posters *Might be NSFW*

2 Attachment(s)
After seeing *ahem* another picture in "Off Topic" that was"Motivational", I figured I would start a thread about them...

I will start with my personal favorites;

Attachment 21910

Attachment 21911

HummBob 07-28-2007 03:05 AM

RE: Motivational Posters *Might be NSFW*

:D:D:D

HummBob 07-28-2007 03:06 AM

http://management.curiouscatblog.net...motivation.jpg

HummBob 07-28-2007 03:08 AM

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/8595/01uk9.jpg

HummBob 07-28-2007 03:09 AM

I like this one!!:D:D

http://www.sitelogicmarketing.com/bl...endability.png

Lane 07-28-2007 04:36 AM

Sorry, don't find the cop pictures funny at all. Abuse of power never turned me on. Sorry.

Must be some kind of police station humor or something (???).

azz7772 07-28-2007 08:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Lane

Sorry, don't find the cop pictures funny at all. Abuse of power never turned me on. Sorry.

if the cops get disrespect and backtalk which they get alot of then you have to suffer the consequences if you are living right you will not find yourself in that situation. an example say you have a daughter and some old pervert gets caught by the cops trying to do something to her....... you would probably want the cop to pound his head into the pavement so hard he would come out in china.

importkiller 07-28-2007 08:57 AM

moron

how do you get abuse of power from those pics?!?!?! DO you know what circumstances lead up to that point? I didn't think so.....go drive your land rover and whine over on their board. ( I think you were the land rover guy that came over here to talk to Dennis)

Dennis 07-28-2007 09:19 AM

Cool it Mike....No need to call anyone any kind of derogatory name to get your point across.

importkiller 07-28-2007 09:30 AM

please Dennis....why the policing all of a sudden? So from now on everytime some is called a moron we'll post this reply to them:eek:. I guess we know why all the old timers are leaving.

jdrew 07-28-2007 09:32 AM

I'm not going to debate what makes you think those pictures have anything to do with abusing powers. Sure, there are some that do abuse their powers and they eventually are weeded out. However, you automatically assume that those pictures are of someone who did abuse their powers without knowing the story.

Being in law enforcement is not a get rich career. It's a thankless job that most wouldn't do or couldn't do if they tried. Now, I don't know if you have had a bad run in with law enforcement or you have just seen the end results on tv and drawn your own conclusion. Do I abuse my powers? No.. However, I will use my discression andI can go by the book and make your day miserable or I can cut you some slack... The decision is yours... It's all about attitude.

ORIGINAL: importkiller

moron

how do you get abuse of power from those pics?!?!?! DO you know what circumstances lead up to that point? I didn't think so.....go drive your land rover and whine over on their board. ( I think you were the land rover guy that came over here to talk to Dennis)

Exactly...

ORIGINAL: Dennis

Cool it Mike....No need to call anyone any kind of derogatory name to get your point across.

Lane is the one that sh!t the thread up... nobody twisted his arm into posting his Cops Abuse Their Power in response to a picture I posted... Jesus, just delete this damn thread since he is so offended. *really big sigh and rolling my eyes*

Lane would be better served staying in the "Joke" thread where he spends most of his time. At least Mikecontributes to Hummer related discussion, even if his views are weird.

importkiller 07-28-2007 09:35 AM

thanks jdrew...I think[&:]:D:D

jdrew 07-28-2007 09:43 AM

Some things just irritate me... What turned out to be a funny thread has now turned into garbage. Thanks Lane! Way to go buddy... Make sure you donate and become a "Contributor".

Dennis 07-28-2007 10:27 AM

please Dennis....why the policing all of a sudden? So from now on everytime some is called a moron we'll post this reply to them:eek:. I guess we know why all the old timers are leaving.

I'm not defending anyone..just their right to an opinion without being chastised and called a name..I'd do the same for you...So yes, I agree, people will probably leave if they are in fear of being called a name...Kidding around is one thing, but I sensed this was not the case.

JD..If one of your people you pull over and you cite them for whatever and they think you were little over zealous (which I'm sure your are one to be) and call you a moron..I shudder to think of your reaction...

importkiller 07-28-2007 10:32 AM

Come on Dennis, when did we start needing to be so damn PC here....he made a moronic statement that IMO could of offended jdrew, why not tell him to cool it for sake of hurting drew's feelings? but yet I decided to stick up for him and you decided to tell me to cool it....whatever, water under the bridge.....and my last post.

Take care hummer family, I will miss most of you.

jdrew 07-28-2007 10:34 AM

JD..If one of your people you pull over and you cite them for whatever and they think you were little over zealous (which I'm sure your are one to be) and call you a moron..I shudder to think of your reaction...
That's a little over dramatic Dennis and quite honestly,I consider that an insult.. If you honestly think that someone calling me a name upests me to the point of doing something illegal, you obviously have me confused with someone else.

My first reaction is no reaction or to even smile bigger.. "Kill'em with Kindness" .. That's the best part.. It pisses them off even more when you don't react..

Nice try at assuming that I can't control myself at work.

jdrew 07-28-2007 10:36 AM

Come on Dennis, when did we start needing to be so damn PC here....he made a moronic statement that IMO could of offended jdrew, why not tell him to cool it for sake of hurting drew's feelings? but yet I decided to stick up for him and you decided to tell me to cool it....whatever, water under the bridge.....and my last post.

Take care hummer family, I will miss most of you.
Now thats just great...

Dennis 07-28-2007 11:01 AM

ORIGINAL: jdrew

That's a little over dramatic Dennis and quite honestly,I consider that an insult.. If you honestly think that someone calling me a name upests me to the point of doing something illegal, you obviously have me confused with someone else.

My first reaction is no reaction or to even smile bigger.. "Kill'em with Kindness" .. That's the best part.. It pisses them off even more when you don't react..

Sorry..I wasn't trying to insult you...I meant nobody deserves to be called a moron unjustifiably for a personal opinion...I also meant I'm sure you are a very zealous LEO and does their job well...But would be infuriated if someone called you a moron for doing your job...I never said you would do anything illegal.

Muddydawg75 07-28-2007 11:27 AM

Is it April 1st already??

jdrew 07-28-2007 12:10 PM

ORIGINAL: jdrew

Sorry..I wasn't trying to insult you...I meant nobody deserves to be called a moron unjustifiably for a personal opinion...I also meant I'm sure you are a very zealous LEO and does their job well...But would be infuriated if someone called you a moron for doing your job...I never said you would do anything illegal.
You should have typed out what you meant then. I have had enough with the palaver today.. It's time for me to go to work anyway.. Where I can be insulted for a reason, instead of attempting to post some humor.

I think I will just take a break from hummerforums.com for awhile.

littlehummerboy 07-28-2007 12:26 PM

Now children, let's all play nice:) This is a public forum, so there is bound to be things posted here that not everyone agrees with. Jdrew posted some pictures he finds funny, it's his right. He had the good manners to label the content as "Not Safe For Work", indicating the content may be questionable to some. Lane interpreted the posters one way, and chose to comment as such, which is his right as well. Lanes personal opinion post, while possibly questionable itself to some, was not insulting or vindictive, simply an opinion. Importkiller, who always has strong opinions and let's his feeling knownto posters he thinks are being insulting or ridiculous, felt he was coming to the aid of a fellow member, but whose original post was maybe a bit over the top, but later corrected it. Dennis was just trying to keep the peace and maintain the high standards this forum has always enjoyed, while still allowing some of our more colorful members to express their opinions (and does an excellent job IMO). So I think everyone needs to cool down and relax.
I don't believe for a moment that anyone here thinks Jdrew would abuse his authority (unless maybe there's some H3X embroidered headrests involved;)), and the humor in those posters certainly is more indicative of a way for people in the industry to relieve stress through humor, not a enforcement practice. Jdrew posts are always a welcome, with much humour and useful info (and certainly his fair share of crap too:D)
Lane interprets them as abuse of power. If it was police policy, sure, but they are meant to be funny; and as satire, they are funny (IMO). Lanes own contributions have shown he enjoys humor, but this was clearly not his cup of tea. No worries. Keep posting, Lane.
Importkiller, your support of your friends is admirable, as is your willingness to let your opinion be known, but sometimes we all need to take a double take before posting. Everyonesown opinions, while always valid, sometimes need some further inspection, especially when emotions are involved, or when there is a chance of misinterpretation. As always, forum posts are always open to misinterpretation, so should always be taken with a grain of salt. Your knowledge and contributions to the forum are many and much appreciated, and when some troll or Lame-o comes along, your reprimands are clearly some of the great ones, so save your sharp wit for them.
Dennis, keep up the good work, I know you are trying to keep everyone happy and keep the content respectful. Hummerforums, is, and always has been the best place for Hummer owners and aficionados to learn and laugh!

Holy crap! I'm beginning post like Hummerguy!

Cliff notes version : Open forum posting may offend some, but let's all get along!

importkiller 07-28-2007 01:25 PM

very true, and a good post...BUT..... I'm one of the senior members here, and a moderator and Idon't appreciate bieng told to "cool it" in a post that makes me look like child bieng reprimanded by his father.....sorry I'm too old for that crap...especially when a simple PM would have been sufficient. Have I EVER told a fellow mod or "senior" member to stop this or change that? NO..that should be done in PM's....only reason to do so in a post is to show off your cyber-muscle.

HummBob 07-28-2007 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Man....I'm eating ALOT of popcorn lately!!!;)Attachment 21900

Little Monster 07-28-2007 09:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 21896Hey give me some...:D:D:D

importkiller 07-28-2007 09:47 PM

bob owns movie rental stores.......that popcorn will cost you like $6:D

Little Monster 07-28-2007 09:58 PM

Popcorn is free the cardboard box is $6...:D

blackstangs281 07-28-2007 09:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Little Monster

Popcorn is free the cardboard box is $6...:D
Ahhhhhhhhhhh...............Just like a strip club:D

Little Monster 07-28-2007 10:03 PM

Yea..........Something like that..............more or less..............I think......:D

HummBob 07-28-2007 10:44 PM

bob owns movie rental stores.......that popcorn will cost you like $6:D
99Cents!!!(Cost is 22Cents X 350% MarkUp);):D

Little Monster 07-28-2007 10:48 PM

:DIs butter extra???

kild1 07-28-2007 10:52 PM

.99 cents per popped popcorn kernel ;)

LawWyfe 07-29-2007 07:25 AM

ORIGINAL: littlehummerboy

Now children, let's all play nice:) This is a public forum, so there is bound to be things posted here that not everyone agrees with. Jdrew posted some pictures he finds funny, it's his right. He had the good manners to label the content as "Not Safe For Work", indicating the content may be questionable to some. Lane interpreted the posters one way, and chose to comment as such, which is his right as well. Lanes personal opinion post, while possibly questionable itself to some, was not insulting or vindictive, simply an opinion. Importkiller, who always has strong opinions and let's his feeling knownto posters he thinks are being insulting or ridiculous, felt he was coming to the aid of a fellow member, but whose original post was maybe a bit over the top, but later corrected it. Dennis was just trying to keep the peace and maintain the high standards this forum has always enjoyed, while still allowing some of our more colorful members to express their opinions (and does an excellent job IMO). So I think everyone needs to cool down and relax.
I don't believe for a moment that anyone here thinks Jdrew would abuse his authority (unless maybe there's some H3X embroidered headrests involved;)), and the humor in those posters certainly is more indicative of a way for people in the industry to relieve stress through humor, not a enforcement practice. Jdrew posts are always a welcome, with much humour and useful info (and certainly his fair share of crap too:D)
Lane interprets them as abuse of power. If it was police policy, sure, but they are meant to be funny; and as satire, they are funny (IMO). Lanes own contributions have shown he enjoys humor, but this was clearly not his cup of tea. No worries. Keep posting, Lane.
Importkiller, your support of your friends is admirable, as is your willingness to let your opinion be known, but sometimes we all need to take a double take before posting. Everyonesown opinions, while always valid, sometimes need some further inspection, especially when emotions are involved, or when there is a chance of misinterpretation. As always, forum posts are always open to misinterpretation, so should always be taken with a grain of salt. Your knowledge and contributions to the forum are many and much appreciated, and when some troll or Lame-o comes along, your reprimands are clearly some of the great ones, so save your sharp wit for them.
Dennis, keep up the good work, I know you are trying to keep everyone happy and keep the content respectful. Hummerforums, is, and always has been the best place for Hummer owners and aficionados to learn and laugh!

Holy crap! I'm beginning post like Hummerguy!

Cliff notes version : Open forum posting may offend some, but let's all get along!
My sentiments exactly Karli and you put it all so eloquently! The bottom line here is we oftentimes should use a few manners(and class)when posting whether we agree/disagree with posts. (Snerts, trolls, etc. however don't necessarily require the same courtesies.)We have many different personalities here and they don't always mesh! Good rule of thumb is to respond to others as you would wish to be responded to period....

Dennis has a very tough job in trying to oversee the forum, keep everyone happy and remain popular. (Admin is NOT always popular with the masses!) Everyone should take this in consideration. In the 9 months that I have been a member here, I have seen very few occasions that he has exerted his "policing powers" and to be quite frank, there have been some times when heused great restraintand IMO something should have been said!

importkiller 07-29-2007 10:22 AM

:eek:

HummBob 07-29-2007 07:12 PM

Yes.....YAY DENNIS!!!!http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ing_Dennis.gif

shortbus 07-29-2007 09:25 PM

i would assume that you've been in that position and feel you didn't deserve it. either that, or you're a career criminal that just hates cops of any kind and feel the need to state that all actions they take are excessive. i'm sure they offered you some excellent medical service after kickin' your ass.

LawWyfe 07-29-2007 09:32 PM

OH -Lane, like most others who feel the need to trash LE will be the 1st to go crying like a little girl to the Po the next time some thug commits a crime against him! [sm=boohoo.gif]

shortbus 07-29-2007 09:33 PM

wow, if i had read the whole thread, maybe i would have stayed away. but . . . . . .

i think lane was a friend of dennis's a while back, for whatever reason i don't know. anyway, i know i've $hit on quite a few people here and very rarely have i been told to back off. granted, impy's a dik, we all know that and love him for it, but jeez, getting $hit on defending a regular member is kinda lame. i'm thinkin' maybe i should have stayed away for good, this place seems to be turning into another ebola forum. agree with the few or get the fuKKKKK out. kinda sucks.

LawWyfe 07-29-2007 09:49 PM

OHHHH, I don't think anyone here has to agree with anyone Shorty. I think the whole point here is again to try touse just a little restraint when posting. Say what youfeel - have some freedom of speech and thought - but it isnt necessary to be a total dikhead to others always. (This is not to single anyone out, but a blanket statement!)We aren't all of the same opinions, personalities, class, sex, intelligence levels, and we must understand this....da dum da dum da dum....I think it has just gotten to where some are tired of feeling like they will be belittled, made to feel stupid or less than intelligent, look like an ass, OR get their asses kicked for posting their thoughts. I also think the point here is to keep this forum from becoming like that other BS forum (yes, I am well aware that some of you here belong over there and have aliases lol).

My hope would be that everyone would get over the "mentalpause" that seems to be prevalent at the moment and get along to a degree, post your thoughts, disagree, etc etc etcand have some fun! Isn't THAT what this is all about????

importkiller 07-30-2007 09:25 AM

ORIGINAL: shortbus

wow, if i had read the whole thread, maybe i would have stayed away. but . . . . . .

i think lane was a friend of dennis's a while back, for whatever reason i don't know. anyway, i know i've $hit on quite a few people here and very rarely have i been told to back off. granted, impy's a dik, we all know that and love him for it, but jeez, getting $hit on defending a regular member is kinda lame. i'm thinkin' maybe i should have stayed away for good, this place seems to be turning into another ebola forum. agree with the few or get the fuKKKKK out. kinda sucks.

http://www.stillernation.com/phpbb/i...s/applause.gif

HummerGuy 07-30-2007 10:37 AM

I'm not defending anyone..just their right to an opinion without being chastised and called a name..I'd do the same for you...So yes, I agree, people will probably leave if they are in fear of being called a name...Kidding around is one thing, but I sensed this was not the case.

I just caught on to this thread.

Dennis: Jeremy "jdrew" is one of the nicest respectful people I have ever met IN PERSON, and he is definitely not one to do something like that. What justification can you possibly have to put this stereotype of a "bad cop" on somebody you have never met? I can only say I'm really dissappointed. That's just a ignorant thing to say to someone, especially someone that gets paid to protect people in the town you used to live in. Please tell me you didn't mean that.