PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This Mornings Mud Run

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Default This Mornings Mud Run

Let me start by saying that I am running 33" BFG A/T's. I aired them down to 18 PSI and removed the center caps.

Waiting in Line:

There We Go:

Muddy was PARTLY right, I made right to the end on the first run. I had it locked in 4low and in 1st gear.

After my 1st run:

2nd Run, and the winner is: Look Muddy, I made it all the way through!!!

We weren't actually racing. We were doing timed runs but I just like the way that looked

Me and my CoPilot:

Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow

The best part was that when I got there, all of the stupid *** rednecks (calm down, I come from a long line of them so I'm allowed to call them that) were looking at me like I was crazy and talking crap. UNTIL I BEAT THIER COLLECTIVE A$$ES! I finished in 3rd place with a run of 7-6 seconds. Didn't win anything but I had a great time doing it and by the time that we left you could hear a few of them saying that they need to look into a Hummer. Even had a few come over and tell me "nice run".

Old 05-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Default RE: This Mornings Mud Run

Sorry, that should have said 7.6 seconds

Old 05-03-2008, 07:46 PM

Somebody thought they were tough:

Until he caught on fire because he didn't know when to let up:

Oops, Hate it when this happens:

Now this was a nice truck, he didn't run though because there was only 3 in his class that showed up. Said it wasn't worth it:

But I think this was THE best looking one there

Old 05-03-2008, 07:57 PM

Excellent job! Not only did you not embarrass yourself or the Hummer brand, you showed everyone just how capable the H3 really is. That's amazing with the stock 33"s. It would have been interesting to try one of the runs in 4Low locked with the transmission in 2nd or 3rd. I've had better luck in mud with the transmission in a higher gear. In first gear, there's more torque and the tires break traction sooner. I did some spotting at a Hummer event where stock H3's were having a hard time making it up a muddy hill. Once they shifted up into 2nd, they made it up the hill without too much trouble.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:02 PM

Thanks, Thought that I mentioned it, sorry. The second run I made was in 4low in 2nd Gear. Ran right through the crap, it was too late do anything about it but I did notice half was through the run that I probably could have smoked them in 3rd. I was hitting the Rev limiter in 2nd.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:24 PM

Nice pics --there's something about the look of those wheels w/ the center caps removed and muddy...

How often do you do events like that? I never even thought about those kind of events and Hummers - but makes sense!.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:30 PM

Wow, the H3 looks great! That mud looks fun but I'm glad I don't have to do that cleanup.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Hummer Guy
Nice pics --there's something about the look of those wheels w/ the center caps removed and muddy...

How often do you do events like that? I never even thought about those kind of events and Hummers - but makes sense!.
Thanks, when I was going through my photobucket to post those I saw the cleaned up pic from my ROTM post. TOTALLY differenct look!

This is the first "organized" event like this that I have done. But there will be more!

ORIGINAL: alrock
Wow, the H3 looks great! That mud looks fun but I'm glad I don't have to do that cleanup.
Yea, tomorrow should be fun

Old 05-03-2008, 11:20 PM

NICE JOB rhill!!!! You did us proud!!

I'm impressed to hear how it performed. Due to the lack of mud in So. Cal. and lack of a winch on my front end my mud confidence has been on the lower side, you just boosted it.

...and the exuse the Dodge guy gave sounded pretty lame..he just didnt want to get his truck dirty[8D]

Old 05-03-2008, 11:40 PM

looked like a blast! i really like that 3500 looks mean would be a great tow rig

Quick Reply: This Mornings Mud Run