PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modifications?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 11:48 AM
Default Modifications?

Anyone know if adding a High Flow intake and Performance exhaust will turn on my Check Engine Light - (also adding a performance GF performance chip - if anyone has done that) ? Thanks for any help/experience.

Shawn

Old 12-09-2013, 01:27 PM

I can tell you the exhaust and CAI installed correctly will not trigger the CEL light. Not familiar with that brand "chip" these generally speaking are snake oil.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by EMFORCE
Anyone know if adding a High Flow intake and Performance exhaust will turn on my Check Engine Light - (also adding a performance GF performance chip - if anyone has done that) ? Thanks for any help/experience.

Shawn
I have the AirDoc intake using the factory air box and MAF sensor and then upgraded the exhaust to a magnaflow dual exhaust to replace the stock pipes and then tweaked the BCM by using a programmer and no issues here.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:37 AM

Have a K&N FIPK CAI, no issue yet, planning to get a a true dual (flowmaster) custom exhaust build and installed and then have it tuned after the new year. Will post to update.

Dan

Old 12-15-2013, 09:32 AM

I have a K&N intake system, OBX long tube headers with high flow catalytic converters and a Gibson single side swept cat-back exhaust system and have done custom tuning with a diablo sport programer and have never had an engine code go off except one occasion for a cylinder misfire.

The one time I did was when my headers melted through a spark plug wire causing the misfire, got the programer out, read the code, replaced the wire and added extra heat shielding and have not had an issue since.

Ross

Old 12-15-2013, 04:16 PM

I did not get a K+N - I got a AEM Brute force intake. Getting a Magnaflow dual exhaust. (Should be here any day). I also have a GForce performance chip (as advertised on this here site) - will it tune the engine to the new stuff if I put it all in at the same time? I would think since it is advertised here, SOMEONE would have tried it- ?

Emforce

Old 12-24-2013, 04:42 AM

EMFORCE How's the GForce performance working for you?

Old 12-26-2013, 07:17 AM

Im interested to. Any updates?

Old 12-26-2013, 08:07 AM

I was actually waiting for my exhaust system to arrive. I wanted to get the new intake, exhaust , and the GForce chip installed at the same time. I got all that installed and picked up late Mon. night. What with the holiday, etc. I really have not had that much time to drive it. I heard you had to run it a hundred miles at least before everything got updated to the changes. So far it seems to run real well, but might be awhile before I have good data and impressions.

Old 12-27-2013, 05:28 AM

Cool. Can you post after the 100 miles your MPG? I'm curious if it got better.

Quick Reply: Modifications?