Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   the mini bus is in the shop (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/mini-bus-shop-2504/)

Linus Gump 11-16-2006 02:44 PM

RE: the mini bus is in the shop

The only time my dealer gave me a loaner, I got a '07 H3. It too came from Enterprise, and I still had to leave a deposite, but all fees were paid by the dealership. The only thing extra I would have to pay is if I brought it back with less gas in it then when they gave it to me, then they would charge me the $20/gallon or what ever rediculous rate was at the time (probably $4/gal, but gas was still below 3.25 at the time.)
I think you are getting hosed.

Sugardaddy 11-16-2006 03:18 PM

Heck no!!!! You should not have to pay for your loaner. Where did you take it?

ZYNE 11-16-2006 03:25 PM

Doode, that's messed up. They should cover that as a part of the warranty repair ... you don't have a loaner .. you have a cheap rental .. I'd refuse to pay for it upon returning it ...

dilo2001gt 11-16-2006 05:14 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

Mark, it's not the insurance. I did not get the added insurance, if I did that was another $9.99 a day.
Mike you need to fight that. Rentals are free under warranty.
The only thing they ask for is to bring it back with the same amount of gas in it.

importkiller 11-16-2006 09:00 PM

well, I just got a message that my h3 should be ready on Saturday, found nothing that would cause my poor MPG but had to order a new headlight wiring harness. I'll see when I drop it off if I have to pay anything....if I do it's gonna get kinda loud in there;)

Dennis 11-16-2006 09:32 PM

take a copy of these posts here and wave them under the Service Manager's nose.....Bastards!

finskeeper 11-16-2006 10:00 PM

I second (or 5th) everyone's comments... no charge. When mine got towed, a loaner (and rep) from Enterprise was waiting. He swiped my CC and DL and off I went. Next day, dropped the keys off to the service manager and that was that. I even (accidently :D) gave them a CC that we had recently cancelled (my wife lost hers).

I may be wrong, but I was thinking, the only exception to the freebee loaner would be if your vehicle didn't spend the night in the shop. I can't be sure, but I believe the service guys found the problem the same afternoon. They probably could have returned my H3 late in the day, but they said they would test drive it 'again' in the morning.. and to return the loaner in the morning. (Strange comment.) Can anyone confirm that it needs to be held overnight?

BirdEye 11-16-2006 10:20 PM

The dealer has mentioned to me 2 times that you get a loaner if your baby has to stay in the shop overnight. Now, this is with the '07 warranty. Both times they had to keep it (installing tint, and a steering shaft) they had a loaner H3 waiting for me...they only made a copy of my insurance and driver's license and I was out the door. Best service I've had from any dealer.

importkiller 11-17-2006 02:49 AM

I am going to call the other hummer dealer in NJ and ask what their policy is on it, might could be just a NJ thing....which I wouldn't put past this crap hole of a state...anything to make extra money off us.

HummBob 11-17-2006 05:59 AM

Mike....They're FULL OF SH1T!!

I've had loaners for 3 days to 1/2 a day, with no problems/charge.

I really think it's the dealers discretion. And we all know there are AWESOME dealers and SH1TTY dealers!!