PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memorial Day Weekend Offroad Event(s)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 07:46 PM
Default RE: Memorial Day Weekend Offroad Event(s)

Count me in for sure! I'm game for whatever you decide. Who else is in the area, Tina?

Old 04-20-2008, 11:00 PM
JL

We would love to come but we're still not sure how long Lidia's recovery time will be after her knee surgury. We still have some time to figure it out but even if we can't make it to Rausch I should still be able to make Wharton on Saturday since it's so close.
BTW. I would suggest skins for Rausch Creek

Old 04-21-2008, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

I just mapped it out. It's 711 miles from me. I wanted to take my wife because she has never seen the mountains east of the Mississippi. I'm not sure if I-80 going there goes through any of that. BUT, I'll ask. I have 1 1/2 weeks off starting the 22nd. I could make it the entire weekend in theory. I think my wife would like going to Jersey. It's one of the places on her list of places to go.

Here I go yappin' away. At least we could make it there in 12 hours. That's nothing for us

I drove a 22 hour straight leg a couple of years ago. 12 hours is like a walk in the park. That's about $150 in gas each way too which isn't too bad.

Rich; I'd rather say go to this get-together then the Badlands since that may change. At least here you have a group of people that have been here before and know the area. I'm REALLY going to try to make this one. I think it would be a fun trip. I'd like to drive through the Tennesse mountains though so I may take a side trip. Chatanooga is something I think she has to see. Nothing like a highway attached to the side of a valley mountain to create some good memories.

What was I sayin' now?

Old 04-21-2008, 08:56 AM

It's 616 miles for me.....I added 45 more miles on so I don't have to go through NYC..... Boston is bad enough, but I have never been through NYC and don't want to try it. I would leave on Friday and get there late Friday night.....it's 11-12 hour drive......If it's ok with Muddy..???? I'll pretty much be dead by then, and crash! LOL...
Is there anyone else from the Northeast that's going? would be nice to ride down with someone.
I'm planning on attending as long as business is good, and I can escape for a few days.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

You live that far? I thought you lived in that area.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:05 AM

I'll do whatever the group wants to do, I'm up for whatever works best for everyone.

I'm EXCITED, this is going to be one great event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-21-2008, 09:15 AM

Sorry for the double post, but just wanted to let everyone know that Muddy and I will make sure that if you come out to this event you will have a great time. The other members that we normally wheel with are a great group and this could the making of a big event.
You'll get to meet everyone, drive your Hummer off road and go home without getting your trucks banged up.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:30 AM

HummerGuy,
I live in Maine.....way up there...!

Old 04-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like a plan. I'll give you guys a definite yes or no in the next few days. I definitely want to go. I just want to install my streets and trips and map things out, and figure out how to manually plot trips in my TomTom [:@] The wonderful waypoint feature is about as useful as a bag of rocks hooked up to my computer.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah Mike... you could take I-80 to 476 to 276 to either go through Philthy... or take the longer but better way through to the NJTP and Down to the ACE...

That's fine if you can't make Rausch, Jim... we were looking to play along the powerlines... and we'd like to get you back to Wharton...

Rich... pretty much the same for you.... if you don't want to go as far north as I-80 you can take the PA Turnpike across....

Brandie... Whatever works for you... Just be safe.... We have the option to go to Wharton as late as we want... so if you need to sleep, drive, and then nap before we go out that is an option as well...

Also... nothing says we even have to go to Wharton... I just threw that out there to see who would be up for it... I live close and can go everyday if I want... I'm looking to make the people driving across states to be happy...

I think we have a pretty good base for a great weekend.

Quick Reply: Memorial Day Weekend Offroad Event(s)