PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

MasterCraft Courser AT 2???

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Default MasterCraft Courser AT 2???

Hi. I'm new to the forum and I am needing to buy new tires for my H3. I am looking at MasterCraft Courser AT 2 and I was wanting to know if anyone is using them or had any experience with them and what there opinions were? Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:24 AM

My buddy just put some of those on his F150 4x4 and he likes them. What ever tires you buy try to make sure they are Made in USA. There are a lot of chinese tires now that are just like everything else Chinese. JUNK!

Old 07-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Default Another suggestion

jb, maybe want to look at the General Grabber AT2 as well...I had them on my 2003 Silverado (before it got smashed by an asleep oncoming driver) and plan to get them on our H3 and my 2009 Silverado when the time comes. GREAT reviews all around , great looks without some of the unnecessary pains of agressive looking tires that in realty see mud about as much as a desert does.

I plan to get some before August , hopefully anyway as most sizes are on back order right now...guess the secret is out on these very affordable, nice riding , aggressive looking tires.

Wish I would of salvaged my last set from the Silverado before the insurance co. totaled it cause they were almost new with a bout 5K on them and would of fit our H3. Of course only 3 of the 4 would of been good.

Last edited by H3inPA; 07-06-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by H3inPA
jb, maybe want to look at the General Grabber AT2 as well...I had them on my 2003 Silverado (before it got smashed by an asleep oncoming driver) and plan to get them on our H3 and my 2009 Silverado when the time comes. GREAT reviews all around , great looks without some of the unnecessary pains of agressive looking tires that in realty see mud about as much as a desert does.

I plan to get some before August , hopefully anyway as most sizes are on back order right now...guess the secret is out on these very affordable, nice riding , aggressive looking tires.

Wish I would of salvaged my last set from the Silverado before the insurance co. totaled it cause they were almost new with a bout 5K on them and would of fit our H3. Of course only 3 of the 4 would of been good.
I am seriously looking at the Grabber AT2, as a less expensive substitute to the BFG KO AT. I finally saw some in person on a Wrangler(I see the BFGs all the time), and the tread blocks seem to be closer together on the Grabbers. Do they clean the mud out just as well? I'm still running the stock Goodyears which you know turn into slicks when I go through mud. But I still want an all terrain tire, cause I don't do too heavy of off roading(crawling or deep mud), but still a lot of highway miles.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:00 PM

Can't comment specifically on the AT2, but I have the CT's and have been nothing but pleased. Onroad they are great. Offroad, I have never had them in anything but mud, but they did great.

Old 07-07-2010, 01:49 PM

"Do they clean the mud out just as well? "

They clean mud out fine, I never ran the other so I can not compare. I do not do any deep mudding but I am on the fields in my property and dirt roads alot and they did not fill in there. I figured there would be something wrong with them just because of their low price, but honestly I can't find it. I am not a mud pit , rock crawler either...just a hunter and that takes me to some places where good tires do matter.

I will say this about the Grabbers when I got them it was late November and my brother and I were back in a few miles from the highway and the access road had a layer of ice under about 6-8" of wet snow and he commented on how well the truck was handling it in 4WD...thing is it was still only in 2WD, we did not have any problems til we got to a steep hill, then I clicked it to 4WD and we "grabbed" ...granted they were brand new then.

Anyway, I don't want to change the discussion from the original tire too much, just a tip i found to be a good one for those in the market.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

While more expensive the Goodyear Kevlar Duratracs are fantastic tires.