PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MARKER LIGHT WIRING

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 10:38 PM
Default RE: MARKER LIGHT WIRING

I know the lights are a little off,it's tough working with angles, but it doesgive us a little better idea of what the lights would look like on the truck with the fog lights. again any advice would be appreciated

Name:  markerlightsroof.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  133.1 KB

Old 11-24-2008, 11:11 PM

looks gay to me but thats my opinion. u schould do what u like,if u like it go with it. i have a light bat with 4 piaa lights and i installed 5 recon smoked. i did that so it would blen into the light bar and not be 2 noticable in the day time cause i was afraid it would be to cluttered. i t would of been to cluttered if i went with the orange cab lights cause it would just stand out way too much and is a bad thing if u have a light bar. u need to do what u like and not what others think

[IMG]local://upfiles/4035/F39FACED655448FD93C19C5C28F19D9C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4035/C77624E81CCD45CD9B6AAF8EA4B60BB0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4035/07B60DE7AEB3434084EB57270AE260CF.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4035/20113DEA06FC4A7CA31822A8DE5C41AF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-25-2008, 06:39 AM

I actually planned on spraying on the tint to smoke these, not so much looking to blend anything in, more to match things, although I guess the two could be concidered the same. I kind of like the fog lights and liked the cab marker, I'm still not sure if I like the two together. I do like the tint better though, and like my side markers, these would still light up amber. Maybe I should smoke the two lights 1st to get a better Idea

Name:  roofmarkersmoke.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  129.6 KB

Old 11-25-2008, 08:56 AM

I wasnt sure if I would like them both together but after I installed them I really like it. I know to some it's may look to busy but I like it and it looks GREAT at night.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1329/77981A1D4A9D437198E6A72B66145E41.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1329/65FD054421A445AE9D81EDDDF369029F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1329/D68541E4B9954AC6B6F9E1DF92D89DE3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-25-2008, 09:04 AM

That's not bad where did you get your extra lights, I like the two on the ends, and the three on the back door. are they hummer lights or some after market lights, and did you have to buy an entire set, or will the parts department sell you just the A-Pillar lights? I think it looks good, I have a lot of smoked lights on mine so I would spray tint them, but that is a good look

Old 11-25-2008, 02:49 PM

i just think maker lights with the 2 gm lights look dumb but thats my opinion. i think it looks better tinted so it could work. i would not put in between the fog lights cause it is just retarted looking in my opinion.but do what floats your boat thats all that matters u are the owner. also add some red led to the rear. i added them to look like the h2 in the rear and looks great

[IMG]local://upfiles/4035/CAC38B6C3D524F97A8F3C09657E0D36E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4035/68521BFF81F4484DAAB1B0261C65927A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4035/9E45F7328166479997A9BBCFA41A9C9A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-25-2008, 03:41 PM

ORIGINAL: lucky19942001

i just think maker lights with the 2 gm lights look dumb but thats my opinion. i think it looks better tinted so it could work. i would not put in between the fog lights cause it is just retarted looking in my opinion. but do what floats your boat thats all that matters u are the owner. also add some red led to the rear. i added them to look like the h2 in the rear and looks great
Could you tell my wife that, she thinks it's hers, I mean she doesn't have a license, and I drive her where ever she needs to go, she never worked a day in her life, I promised her when we were kids she wouldn’t have to, I believe in the barefoot pregnant, in the kitchen kinda wife... but still she thinks it hers, but I have it here in print for the 1st time written by you, "U are the owner" better you wrote, "Do what floats your boat" so the boat is mine too... bitchen, not dumb, gay, retarded... but bitchen...and not retarded, I went all through in school in regular classes, then when Ijoined the police academy... I went through regular training... I guess theretarded police go through slowertraining and eventually becomespecial police, "budda bing" later guarding the Special Olympics… (nothing against the special Olympics, when i lost the use of one of my legs, I went to a wheelchair bocce game, afterwards I was asked to join the special Olympic bocce team, we kinda thought it was funny I would have been their ringer, basically there is a special Olympic for disabled and my being monoplegic makes me qualified, if my have one leg too many would disqualify me, they could always fall back on my IQ LOL...

oh well enough of that; basically, knowing the vehicle is mine and I have the final say, when I can’t make up my mind 100% I will often ask for a second opinion, your thoughts are taken into consideration so far I’ve found that tinting the lights would look better than amber, I’ve found that putting the red lights on the back will look cool, so while in the end I know who owns the truck, who makes the payments, and who make the final decision, this forum is a place where we come together to ask for opinions, get ideas… and show off our rides… some will think our ideas look gay, retarded or totally bitchen, some like chrome, I like black… I also like every little gadget I can afford, backup cameras, DVD headrests made with OEM headrest, I want three roof racks to hold up my cargo basket, and since I can’t find a basket that I like I’m hiring an iron worker to build one for me, a guy that won’t mind me hanging in the shop, doing some of the welding myself, so that it turns out the way I want. But in the end, being new to Hummers, I may want to do something that someone else knows won’t work, and someone may have advice that will help me go from 95% sure I want to do something to 100% or change my mind completely, I think the best part of forums is in sharing ideas, giving advice, and not having people that are unsure of their answers so they hedge their bets…. Stay cool, speak your mind, use grown up words, and most important get along. Personally I like the cab markers on the A Pillars, I like them more tinted (or smoked as they are calling it now days) I like the amber lights in between the two GM fog lights, I think if I had a source to get them I would try to put two or three on mine, and the red lights on the back door, are way cool dude, totally radical, I’m stoked and may hunt them down too. Thanks for the bitchen ideas

Old 11-25-2008, 06:55 PM

this is a graet place for opinion's. i give mine and hopefully no 1 takes it personaly i dont mean any harm from it thats why i say do what u want.its yours and thats all that counts. it schould not matter what others think.if u like it DO IT. i understand when some 1 wants a opinion i mean i am all for that. i personally dont do that cause its my ride and its what i like. i do ask my wife what she thinks but thats me just being nice and she no's that it comes down to me. HUMMER ON

Old 11-25-2008, 10:51 PM

I think that's what I said, just much shorter, I tend to talk too long while talking, and write too much while writing...

I could be wrong but Ithink it's better to findrespectful, constructive ways to point out something we don't like rather than to call something retarded, gay, or dumb. Personally I don't care as far as my stuff goes, because most of what, especially if it is a question about an install, it isconceptual, but if someone has laid money out and finished their truck to call it gay, is just too harsh for me, you gotta realize some of us like black, some of us like chrome, but we none bling, black lovers, don't sit here saying, "his truck looked like a disco ball..." we figure to each his own...

I like your truck, and I like the truck with the amber lights and fog lights, both trucks have a ton to offer, I will tint my marker lights, and add lights to either the back door, or maybe to the roof rack/cargo basket.

As dad used to say, “settle down girls your both pretty” which was odd because I only had brothers, and there were four of us… again I don’t know… I got hit in the head once.

Peace, love, and happiness.
Live and let Live.

The Old Hippy