PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Marker Light Repair Kit.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Default Marker Light Repair Kit.

Here's the latest update I received from my local Service Rep....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Service Rep email to GM:

I have been receiving requests to resolve a vibration concern over several months from customers who have purchased the Hummer H3 with the roof-mounted marker lamp package, or from customers who installed the package before they were quarantined.

We have been anticipating a re-work of this unit (or the kit) as to eliminate the vibration and the last information states that this information may be available in November 2006. I understand that this was only a preliminary date, but can you provide any additional information - these customers are becoming somewhat unruly.

Reply back from GM:

The "revised" Service Repair Kit (P/N 19166037) (incl wedge, template, adhesive, i-sheet) is expected to be made ready for sale sometime this week. This repair kit can be used to (1) include with marker lamp packages currently being held in your inventory and (2) resolve wind noise issues on customer vehicles that have already had a marker lamp pkg installed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hopefully we should start seeing something. None too soon!

Old 12-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Default RE: Marker Light Repair Kit.

Do you Know if they had this prob with the '07's? I just got an '07 with dealer installed markers and not had a prob...

Old 12-12-2006, 11:26 PM

ORIGINAL: SpeedRacer

Do you Know if they had this prob with the '07's? I just got an '07 with dealer installed markers and not had a prob...
My understanding is that any light kits that are installed currently or in dealer inventory awaiting installation will potentially have this issue. They have not yet made available an improved version that will eliminate the problem. All that is available at this time is a "patch" to fix the wind/vibration issue regardless of the vehicle model year.

Hence, "This repair kit can be used to (1) include with marker lamp packages currently being held in your inventory and (2) resolve wind noise issues on customer vehicles that have already had a marker lamp pkg installed. "

I took delivery of my H3 last Tuesday and the dealership told me to wait; they are still anticipating a truly redesigned light to come out soon.

Old 12-13-2006, 01:21 AM

Hi Crank,

Thanks for the information, In Mexico is very difficult to get this information from the dealer, please if you have more information about the fix tell me I need to fix the wind noise.

Regards

Old 12-13-2006, 08:47 AM

I have personally seen a revised kit and they are taking rubber blocks/wedges and sticking them to the inside of the lamp housing to stiffin it. I have only had 1 kit installed and have not heard back if it worked. There is still no official bullentin yet (just checked recent bullentins). There will be no new kits just reworked old kits and repair kits for exsiting trucks with the problem. Steve

Old 12-13-2006, 06:02 PM

Thanks for the update no time to check with the dealer

Old 12-25-2006, 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: 07HummerH3

ORIGINAL: SpeedRacer

My understanding is that any light kits that are installed currently or in dealer inventory awaiting installation will potentially have this issue. They have not yet made available an improved version that will eliminate the problem. All that is available at this time is a "patch" to fix the wind/vibration issue regardless of the vehicle model year.

Hence, "This repair kit can be used to (1) include with marker lamp packages currently being held in your inventory and (2) resolve wind noise issues on customer vehicles that have already had a marker lamp pkg installed. "

I took delivery of my H3 last Tuesday and the dealership told me to wait; they are still anticipating a truly redesigned light to come out soon.
Thank you very much for this info. I have had no probs yet, but will seek the fix as preventitive maintenance when it comes out. Please keep us updated!

Old 12-25-2006, 01:29 PM

You Bet!
I'll make sure to let everyone know when it comes out.
In a couple days I'm taking the beast in again to have them fix the 1800 rpm growl and possibly fix the marker lamps again. I'm hoping they have the kit there this time.

A very Merry Christmas and a great New Year to all!

Old 12-25-2006, 06:38 PM

I have not seen any new information on the marker light repair kit. We did install a old kit with the repair done to it. The customer got back to us this past week and he is unable to get the noise to happen anymore so I guess it worked. Still waiting for a Bullentin on the final fix. Steve

Old 12-25-2006, 09:08 PM

TNX Steve.
I hope they get something done on it. Sure would be nice not to have to re-tighten it every couple weeks.

Quick Reply: Marker Light Repair Kit.