PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Magnaflow Exhaust Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Default Magnaflow Exhaust Feedback

I've been trying to find an exhaust that will make the H3 sound beefier, unfortunately I can only search on the net cause I'm in Aust and the Hummer is new here. I've got the 5cyc... I've read some good reviews about the Magnaflow but haven't heard one, it's supposed to boost performance too...

Does anyone know of any other exhaust or alterations I can get done for same result.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Default RE: Magnaflow Exhaust Feedback

I have the Gibson catback, it definetly sounds beefy!! I get plenty of compliments on it's sound. Most of the exhaust manufactures have sound clips on their websites, but it is still hard to tell the real sound it will make. I am happy with the Gibson.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:12 PM

ORIGINAL: mfish

I have the Gibson catback, it definetly sounds beefy!! I get plenty of compliments on it's sound. Most of the exhaust manufactures have sound clips on their websites, but it is still hard to tell the real sound it will make. I am happy with the Gibson.
So do I, and I also get compliments.....I'd get it again

(P.S. - Do a "search" for additional info)

[IMG]local://upfiles/1314/A5B8D9AC52C74A17A7A495C7E47268EF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-12-2008, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

Don't have it on the H3 but I have the Magnaflow on the Corvette and it sounds so good you wouldn't believe it.

Old 01-13-2008, 12:12 AM

I have a new alpha in the cross hairs but on my current 4x4 toyota05 4.0 v6 tacoma......we cut before the Y and went two, into one out, using the magna flow XL.....did not want that ricie sound and it worked out good....went 2 7/8 into a true 3in inside MF XL and then a 3in tail pipe....good power increase and just a small growl at WFO.....should be good for the I5.....just an option.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

I like my Magnaflow system I installed on my 3. It was a little much on droaning when first installed, but after some miles to break it in, I really like it now!!! My neighbor in the first house at the begining of my street said I have the best sounding Hummer he knows of?
When you turn off the main road I have to go uphill over a little bridge where he lives, so you have just enough throttle when you pass him he hears your exhaust note, so he says, but that is his opinion anyway.

There are several good systems out there for the 3. Magnaflow, Corsa, Gibson, Borla, Billy Boat, Volant and of course the over priced GM pipes with the pay even more for the tips that are not included option.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:53 AM

I just installed my Magnaflow systemyesterday. I am very please with the quality and fitment of the exhaust. There is definately an improvement in sound at idle and during acceleration, but notas much of an increase in overall decibals as I thought there would be. I am use to the upgrading of exhaust systems on Corvettes and you usually have an EXTREME improvement in sound (quality and level) over stock. Not dissapointed at all, just a little surprised!

I really like the look of the two exhaust tips out the back. Like I said, quality product at a very good price compared to most of the other options. Time to get the K&N filter and talk to the folks at PCM4Less.com!!

BTW, I got mine at Performance Peddler (http://www.performancepeddler.com/de...CT_ID=MAG16630)for $485 shipped, but Magnaflow just had a price increase and they went up last week to $510 on this site. Still one of the lower cost options around!!

Old 01-13-2008, 07:35 PM

I personally didn't like the MagnaFlow . . . it was too loud when driving at highway speeds. I went with the Gibson instead. Besides, the Gibson was MUCH cheaper.

Old 01-13-2008, 11:20 PM
Super Moderator

I got the Magnaflow for my Corvette convertible because I wanted the deep throaty sound to the exhaust but didn't want the cockpit too loud. The Magnaflow was perfect for the vette. Good news is it sounds like you have lots of options.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:33 PM

If you're planning on buying ANY aftermarket exhaust EXPECT some noise, that's what they do....

I have the Magnaflows on mine and I love them, nice throaty, mellow sound without being too loud at idle or at highway speeds.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Exhaust Feedback