PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It made my 60k purchase well worth it.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 03:29 AM
Default It made my 60k purchase well worth it.

I drove to work the other day, parked and started walking in the building when I heard 3 kids chanting HUMMER< HUMMER< HUMMER.. followed by "that this is soooo awsome." I looked at the kids and said pretty cool huh? and while not sure that it was the right thing to say, it sure made it worth while buying the beast.... And while not getting an honest response from an adult (probably from jealousy) you always hear the truth from kids....

Old 11-08-2006, 05:38 AM
Default RE: It made my 60k purchase well worth it.

Name:  thumbsup.gif
Views: 50
Size:  3.2 KB Kids Know What's UP!!!

Old 11-08-2006, 11:21 AM

Santa spends alot of money to make children happy too.

Old 11-08-2006, 12:27 PM

I've had far more intelligent questions and comments from kids than I receive from most adults regarding my H2 as well ....

Old 11-08-2006, 01:18 PM

This is sorta the same thing..

A lady friend of mine has a slightly mentally handicapped boy..he recently had his 14th birthday and his Mom asked me if I would come over on his birthday and give her boy a ride in my HUMMER..as HUMMERS are his passion in every respect...Of course I did willingly oblige. When I pulled up in their driveway, he ran out to greet me with the biggest smile and brightest eyes like it was Christmas and he just seen Santa pull up in a sleigh (not knowing me at all)..He had three of his little buddies with him, and we all took a drive..Everyone of the boys had more intellegent questions and compliments than I could ever exspect from any adult..They were so thrilled and giddy from the ride that I thought all of them were going to go home and insist that there parents get a HUMMER too...Long story short, it was a great pleasure for me to see such young, unbiased interest in a vehicle that is in their minds, the ultimate icon for American 4X4's..Got to admit, this made it hard for me to see driving home, from the mist in my eyes for making them kids so happy.

Old 11-08-2006, 02:59 PM

Dennis...what a great thing to do! Sounds like he made your day as much as you made his. Very heartwarming. Wish all the people that think Hummer owners are selfish self indulgent people could hear that story.

Old 11-08-2006, 03:13 PM

Sad enough knowing there are folks out there who labels us based on our choice of vehicles. If I would've gotten a pasta rocket of some kind, what would that have labeled me as!? Curtesy of Nicholas Cage/Gone in 60 seconds "An over indulgent weiner with too much bloody money" ??? Should be a hunting season devoted to knocking off idiots and cleansing the gene pool a little bit ...

Old 11-08-2006, 05:35 PM

Good story Dennis....

I always notice kids looking out the side windows or plasterd to the back window when you are behind them.
The bad part is when these kids grow up, their mom or dad gets them a neon and they turn into little a$$holes. Name:  upset4.gif
Views: 46
Size:  4.6 KB

I had one of these punks drive by in a beat up neon and yell that "Hummers suck". I kept my cool, but next time I might have to use them as a car ramp.Name:  angry2.gif
Views: 44
Size:  14.8 KB

Old 11-08-2006, 06:05 PM

Nahhw, they turn in to little ******** because momy and daddy don't give a **** what their kid does ... If you can't drug em and get em to do what you want, buy em a car and get em out of the house .... A kids behavior is nothing but a reflection of the parenting skills he/she has been subjected to in my opinion!

Old 11-08-2006, 06:54 PM

I 1000% agree. It also has to do with how observant the kid is of the world around them. If they pay attention to the world around them and see how they are getting screwed by thier parents, they have the ability to overcome it and be squared away. That's what I did.

Quick Reply: It made my 60k purchase well worth it.