PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering vs Leveling

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 03:42 AM
Default RE: Lowering vs Leveling

I'm NOT SURE!!! I know I had to order a "SPECIAL" setup that Ground Force has due to my rear air suspension thingy!!![8D]

Old 10-09-2007, 12:28 PM

I guess this is what you get in the $345 Ground Force Kit for the H3. Add $50 S&H plus alignment. No mention of front springs. It's still not clear.

Genuine Ground Force Lowering Suspension SystemsKits.[align=center]This is a BRAND NEW in the factory sealed box kit of Ground Force Lowering Suspension SystemsKits.[/align]Fits 2006-2007 Hummer H3, Included Front torsion keys, Alignment cams, Rear blocks, Rear shocks.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:58 PM

**** or get off the pot already!!!!![8D]

Old 10-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator

That kit could be overkill D Vader if I understand what you want to do?? If, you are happy with the front height, and you want to lower the just the rear, you would only need the (a set of) rear blocks to space under theaxel and above the springs, and new longer shocks, maybey??? longer rear U bolts? This would lower the rear to appx level with the stock front. The front T Keys and Allignment shims would accommodate lowereing the front even further, and then you would need an alignment by someone cabable of following the kits new alignmant specs. So I guess it is a matter of how much drop this kit has in the rear?

I thought I saw somebody selling just a rear lowering kit, (blocks and U bolts) but I can't put my finger on it???

Old 10-11-2007, 04:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

That kit could be overkill D Vader if I understand what you want to do?? If, you are happy with the front height, and you want to lower the just the rear, you would only need the (a set of) rear blocks to space under theaxel and above the springs, and new longer shocks, maybey??? longer rear U bolts? This would lower the rear to appx level with the stock front. The front T Keys and Allignment shims would accommodate lowereing the front even further, and then you would need an alignment by someone cabable of following the kits new alignmant specs. So I guess it is a matter of how much drop this kit has in the rear?

I thought I saw somebody selling just a rear lowering kit, (blocks and U bolts) but I can't put my finger on it???
I would like to drop it at all 4 corners. Looks like the kits give you 1" in front and 3" in the rear. I assume that makes it level. I probably wouldn't do the install and alignment so the whole deal is rather pricey!!