PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lower Grille Lamps

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Default Lower Grille Lamps

Just wondering if anyone out there installed the factory Lower Grille Lamps? I saw them on the Hummer.com website and think they look pretty cool. I had the Offroad Light bar installed and those light are pretty bright. I'm wondering how the grille lamps perform. Plus I can stand to see the blank next to the switch for off road lights on the dashboard!

Old 01-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Default RE: Lower Grille Lamps

I installed them on mine, I really like the way they look and the lighting is excellent. Not too hard to install, the only hard work was getting the lower grille off where the lights go, took a little work but ifyou're going to do it let me know, I found a way to do it without taking off the lower skid plate.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:14 AM

Those grill/lights are OEM equipment. When I installed mine I wired them to the fog lights to make it simpler.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:08 AM

I am with you Slim. I want to install them. I have the OEM roof lights.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:13 AM

I think you can order them in chrome and black.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:23 PM

ORIGINAL: gregaac

I installed them on mine, I really like the way they look and the lighting is excellent. Not too hard to install, the only hard work was getting the lower grille off where the lights go, took a little work but ifyou're going to do it let me know, I found a way to do it without taking off the lower skid plate.
How did the wiring go? Do the wires exsist in the installed wiring harness or do you have to run them all? Did you have to rip the dashboard apart? Sorry for all the questions.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:13 PM

So I ordered the lower grille lamps from gmaccessoriesstore.com. I got them for $282.43 shipped (found a $10 off online coupon via a google search). I did some searching and that's the cheapest I could find. I plan on doing a photo tutorial for those interested. More to follow.

Scott

Gregacc...you'll have to send me your installation tricks.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:24 PM

So In the instructions it says to remove the lower skid plates, if you remove the upper grille which has 4 bolts (there are two in the middle of the grille and when you open the hood there are either two or four, I forget but it's easy to see) Pull the upper grille out then you can reach down and flex out the old plastic piece which you will be replacing with the new one containing the lights. Try to do it when it's warm, after the engine has been running so the plastic bends easier. It also states you need to drill two holes by the rear of the lights where the harness plugs into each bulb. I'm not sure what this is for, but I didn't do it and I don't have any problems at all.