PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Lots of H3 questions...

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 11:20 PM
Default RE: Lots of H3 questions...

I bought it because it's a Hummer. If you crawl underneath it you'll realize why a Hummer is a Hummer. For a smaller engine (3.7 I5), it has more than enough power. I bought the Lux package, and spend a lot of time in it. The seats are incredibly comfortably, although, unless you have the side rails it could be a struggle to get in it, as the seats a very well side-bolstered. The turning radius, for this size vehicle, is nothing short of a miracle, it's rare to have to back-up to pull into a spot. Driving a Hummer is different than any other truck you'll buy. I've lost track of the number of times that I've been complimented on my rig...from guys driving $75k+ cars.

As far as dislikes... The rear storage is a bit slim, but it gives better rear seat leg room. I'll agree with the lack of interior lighting, I'd like to see some under dash lights for entry, and possibly some door lighting. The obvious, fuel mileage. And I'm sure I'll take some critisism for this, but I'd like to have a 2-wheel mode in addition to the (3) 4-wheel modes. I'd also like it to have a vertically raising rear door (like the H2, and most other SUV's), rather than the lateral door, but I guess it's a trade-off to dealing with the spare tire arm every time. But, if you're parked on a grade, the assist arm is not strong enough to control the door.

The only service issue I've had is for a loose exhaust heat-shield, which seems to be an issue for the dealer to fix, as it keeps happening.

Overall...I wouldn't trade my H3. As soon as the weather clears long enough for me to post some sans-salt pics, I will!

Old 11-03-2009, 06:48 AM

2007 H3 Adventure Package 62000 miles to date.

I like the looks the best and the comments, such as "you got a hummer"

Nothing, except I wish I had waited and got the Alpha, just bought a boat and coud use the extra towing power. I did drive it across country while pulling the boat, got city mileage while doing 75-80 MPH, from NC to Central TX.

As I was approaching 60K miles, I noticed the tires are wearing. Soon I'll replace my tires. Had a break in which resulted in replacing the drivers side window. Nothing mechanical other than routine maintenance. Love it (crossed fingers)

Old 11-03-2009, 07:05 PM

1) Its a HUMMER...... and that by itself is impressive !!!!!
2) The build quality is poor. poor attention to detail
3) Rattle at 3000rpm. took it bush / river crossing. underbody mudded up and no more rattling:-)

Old 11-03-2009, 08:25 PM

Awesome pics, you got floor mats with yours, I didn't get any with mine. Sweet color!!! Good Buy

Old 11-04-2009, 12:51 PM

Shame on you bigmittens! It wouldn't be a Hummer if it had a 2 wheel drive option...

2007 Black H3 Adventure w/ 45k miles

1) got it back in July because i've always wanted one and love the look of the H3

2) lots of squeaks and rattles from steering and front suspension components ( hopefully will be fixed by having everything lubricated and greased tomorrow)

3) steering shaft replaced under waranty and gears in the transfer case replaced under waranty...other than that its been awesome!

Old 11-04-2009, 12:55 PM

Mine is an '06, so power window switches from an '09 would be cool.
Steering wheel controls would also be great along with heated outside
mirrors...

Other than that.....Fantastic vehicle !!!

Old 11-04-2009, 01:16 PM

2009 H3T purchased in Jan.

Pretty much agree with everything said about the good.
Only thing that bothers me is in heavy snow, the windshield wipers pack up with snow.
No repairs as of yet

Old 11-04-2009, 03:05 PM

Love the rugged look and u can put 35's on it without a lift kit. Get compliments all the time from other 4wd owners. Pulled a few other 4wd owners out of the mud!!

Needs more interior storage room, the almost veritcal windshield is a BUG MAGNET! I'm not disatified with the power but more would be super! And of course a little better gas milage! I'm not getting what a lot of you guys say your getting.

Had to have the level module replaced under the back seat. It was what was making my antilock brake, and stab control lights keep coming on. Warranty took care of it. Sunroof leaks just a little when going through a car wash or power washing the mud off. Can't find a electronic "chip" for it anywhere. Want one for recalibrating my speedometer with the 35's, and improved performance.

06, 38k, adventure pak, 35's, front leveling kit,