PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for first hummer h2

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 02:54 PM

Hey guys,
I've been looking in on the information that has been shared about the H2's and it's very informative.
What's a fair price for this 2006 H2 Hummer that's selling for $32K CAD.
It has 28,755 miles OR 46,277 km and is in showroom condition with new oversized tires.
I already offered the guy $30K and he said sure too quickly
How much should I re-offer him for this Hummer H2? Take a look at the link...

2006 HUMMER H2 SUV-LOW-LOW- KMS - Mississauga / Peel Region Cars For Sale - Kijiji Mississauga / Peel Region Canada.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:43 PM

Same color as my 2007. first to answer your question, I would think $29K would be fair considering the mileage. Now for a question I guess for the group - would 355 fit stock? The increases (width 1.5", Diameter 2.2", side height 1.1, circumference 7") seem too much (http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecal...?action=submit).

Other than that, it's really nice! Haven't seen a match colored grill for mine... Hmmm

Old 03-01-2013, 06:13 PM

Thanks Richard, I'll hit him for $28K around the money table and go from there.
The H2 I'm looking to buy has 355 tires on stock rims. If that's what your talking about.
Look at the ad I posted. The owner mentioned the right side tire touches the chrome foot rail when turning. I have a picture of the distance between the foot rail and NEW LARGER LT 355/70R17 TIRES and can email it to you if you'd like. I don't know how to upload the picture. I tried using the paperclip button but the uploads keep failing.
Steve

Old 03-01-2013, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by man-of-war
The H2 I'm looking to buy has 355 tires on stock rims. If that's what your talking about.
Look at the ad I posted. The owner mentioned the right side tire touches the chrome foot rail when turning. I have a picture of the distance between the foot rail and NEW LARGER LT 355/70R17 TIRES and can email it to you if you'd like. I don't know how to upload the picture. I tried using the paperclip button but the uploads keep failing.
Steve
Hi Steve, Yes that's what I'm referring to (355)... No need to send the pic. I figured they would rub. You have a good plan. I did read the ad (with my mention on the tire size and the front grill. I like the look and was thinking about paint mine black, but.... :-)

Old 03-15-2013, 07:39 AM

what about a black 03 with 69k for 18,600$...seem about right price if it turns out to be in good shape?

Old 03-15-2013, 10:19 PM

too late its gone, guess price was right

Old 03-16-2013, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by man-of-war
Steve
I used to have those tires and they fit (barely)and look good (they are 37 inch)

Problem I discovered with those tires is that due to the size and mostly the width the power steering does not handle it very well and sometimes quits working intermittently when parking. Not fun I can tell you.
Also and headwind or incline would pop it into 3rd gear to maintain speed
I went back to 325/70/17 and the issues disappeared.
Mileage improved with 10% too.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:17 PM

I recall looking for a hummer myself a little over 4 years ago. I decided to go for the 03 given all the reasons listed, but the one thing I liked the most was that I was able to keep a sizable amount of the cash I had to buy one in my pocket allowing me to have a slush fund to use to not only help maintain my new purchase but to begin modifing it with trick stuff like an airhorn (seriously it has to be one of the first things you do). Its hummer for crying out loud ever listen to its stock horn! Other mods out of the gate would be lights, new exhaust, rims, tires, etc etc. Just my 2 cents

Old 05-26-2013, 09:46 AM
Default hummer h2

hi, I bought a h2 from Tennessee in December with 34700 miles and would be willing to hear any offers. I am in the Cleveland area. it's pewter in color and of course loaded.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:11 AM

The difference between the 08, 09 is the 09 can use the E85. Not that it is popular anymore, but its an extra feature. Both years also use premium octane. Also the Alison transmission is a big difference from the earlier years.

I was running 87 for a while in my 08 SUT and my mechanic said I had a lot of carbon build up in my injectors and throttle body from lower octane gas.

I also am getting 13mpg city wise. I drove 210 miles to upper MI and I was getting 17.6mpg the whole way. Until I became lead foot when I was off roading.

Alex

Quick Reply: looking for first hummer h2