PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Range Lights on H3

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Tell me the diamater of the tubing. I have them all bookmarked.

Will double check and get back to you

Old 04-01-2013, 12:32 AM

Just measured it again to make sure.

The round tube measures 35mm exactly, I believe that translates to 1 3/8".

Old 04-01-2013, 01:23 AM
Old 04-01-2013, 07:45 AM

Thanks for the links, but none of those seem to be available in the right size to fit the Hummer brush guard.

35mm = 1 3/8" = 1.377"

This is the problem I been having, found plenty of others in the sizes above

Old 04-01-2013, 08:05 AM

I have used the first one on an OEM BG. I'll have to see if I can find the order email for the size I received.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Aussie H3
Thanks for the links, but none of those seem to be available in the right size to fit the Hummer brush guard.

35mm = 1 3/8" = 1.377"

This is the problem I been having, found plenty of others in the sizes above
Be creative...make some shims for oversize mounts by splitting a piece of PVC or stainless tubing, making a rubber insert, etc. Sure you can come up with something if all else fails.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:23 AM

If you are looking for led off road light bars let me know. My friend owns an led bar company and I can get you a good deal on them, all sizes from 6" to 50". here is a pic of my truck with a 30" on it. These bars are low draw and extremely bright. This bar is 15000 lumens.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:47 PM

Go for Hella Compact HID. Expensive but worth it.
I had a lot of trouble sourcing brackets for the OEM brush guard. They appear to be a different diameter to the US model and aftermarket accessory brackets from the states are too big. I tried packing them out but they still rotated with road vibrations.
Ended up making my own with a heavy flat bar and 2 U bolts.

Did you have any trouble aiming your grill lights?
With the flex in the plastic insert I found it very difficult to aim them correctly then tighten them in position.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:11 AM

Will have a think about the LED light bar

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
Be creative...make some shims for oversize mounts by splitting a piece of PVC or stainless tubing, making a rubber insert, etc. Sure you can come up with something if all else fails.
I have considered that, but figured it would be like fitting a square peg into a round hole, and would either be dodgy or vibrate around with heavy driving lights fitted.

Originally Posted by Blacksky
Go for Hella Compact HID. Expensive but worth it.
I had a lot of trouble sourcing brackets for the OEM brush guard. They appear to be a different diameter to the US model and aftermarket accessory brackets from the states are too big. I tried packing them out but they still rotated with road vibrations.
Ended up making my own with a heavy flat bar and 2 U bolts.

Did you have any trouble aiming your grill lights?
With the flex in the plastic insert I found it very difficult to aim them correctly then tighten them in position.
This could be the problem, different diameter?? Strange though??

I had also considered making some brackets, might still end up doing it.

To be honest the grill lights are not connected yet, fitted them a few weeks ago and was waiting for the driving lights before connecting them all at once, as I did not want to pull the dash apart twice to run wires and fit switches.

Was thinking about HID, but don't they need time to warm up before they give full power?? What beam did you get (spread beam, pencil beam or Euro Beam) After looking at a few you tube clips I was thinking Eurobeam.

My work car has IPF 900 100 Watt Halogen spread and pencil beam, they are pretty good, but you really need four 2 x pencil and 2 x spread. (I do a lot of night driving in Kangaroo and pig infested country roads) so need good lights

Old 04-03-2013, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Ron46
If you are looking for led off road light bars let me know. My friend owns an led bar company and I can get you a good deal on them, all sizes from 6" to 50". here is a pic of my truck with a 30" on it. These bars are low draw and extremely bright. This bar is 15000 lumens.
Looks good, what size is the tubing of your brush guard where the lights are mounted and do you have any photos of the mounts and lights attached, that is what I want!

Quick Reply: Long Range Lights on H3