PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Locks problem help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 10:39 PM
Unhappy Locks problem help please

Hi there im from canada and ive got a problem regarding my locks and windows on the drivers side. What happened was my truck wont start due to the cold weather here -40c and then i found out that the battery was weak already so i bought a new one then i noticed that my locks dont function anymore and the window on the drivers side wont go down is there anything i could do here? Reset something or anything? Or i would need to go to the dealer and get it fixed? I dont wanna get ripped off again by the dealer so i hope somebody could help me out here. Thanks in advance

Old 01-23-2011, 10:59 PM

Please give us a little more info on the HUMMER. Model, Year, Options, etc.

Have you tried just disconnecting the battery negative and leaving it off for about 5-10 minutes and reconnecting it? I know it sounds weird but it has worked miracles on other rigs in the past.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:51 AM
Default electrical prob

Hi there first of all thanks for the reply.

I have a 2006 H3 3.5l 5 cyl im not really sure what trim it is. im assuming it is a luxury model because it has leather seats and the interior looks a bit nicer than others but it doesnt have a gps/navi.

Ive been reading threads here and most of the suggestions are just disconnecting and reconnecting the terminals of the battery. I would definitely try this out tom hopefully it would work. Its just hard to work on cars here right now coz its winter time and the temp here plays around -10 to -50c. Im a newbie on working on car problems too but i know i have to learn how to fix things since shops and dealers here always tries to rob your hard earned money.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Default Update

So i did disconnect and reconnect the terminals and its still doin the same thing. So i called the dealer and spoke with a service advisor and i discussed the problem with him and apparently a lady with the same truck did an oil change with them and got the same problem when she got home. So shes bringin in her truck on wed tp find out what the problem is. The adviser told me to check the fuse first for the doorlocks. And he was asking me if iwanna bring my truck in ijust said il call him back on wed after they fix that ladys truck so it would save me some money hopefully.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:28 AM

BJMOKO_03, please provide an update I'm having the same issue after replacing my battery.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:29 AM
Banned
Default mystery?

there is a small electronic module in the driver door that controls that window for the "express"down operation. it must be involved in this "mess". dont know how, but opening the batt connection,shorting the cables may reset it.??

Old 01-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Default update

I booked a sched to the dealer for yesterday but when i was on my way to the dealer a miracle happened! lol I stopped at burger king to get some breakfast on my way then when i got my food i tried to open the door and it was locked so then I used my remote to open it so i was glad that it worked again. but when i checked my windows on the drivers side it still wont work but after a couple of minutes driving i checked my windows again and all of sudden it worked luckily for me i canceled my appointment and went home with a smile.

So basically these are the things that I did a couple of days before i scheduled an appointment to the dealer

I disconnected and reconnected the cables- did not work
I checked the fuses replaced the #8 fuse with the spare with the same ampere(20) but the fuses look good i just switched it since there was a spare. - nothing happened

I would say take your vehicle for a drive around 30min.. maybe because it lost power and it is still adjusting to your new battery. im not sure with this but this is my suggestion.

Dealer cost would be $60-90
This is what they told me when i called the dealer regarding the issue.They said they would have to reset something or calibrate something.

I hope this helps man! goodluck!

Old 01-31-2011, 11:37 AM
Smile Drivers Window // Power Door Locks - Not Working

OK, I just went to my local Hummer dealer to see what the issue may be as this appears to be a common problem. I was able to speak with the head Hummer Technician. He advised me that it was a very common problem and there is a very easy fix. Remove the window switch / power door lock unit from the door, remove the 2 power connectors. Wait 30 minutes and reinstall, this will reset the brain and it will work again. Wow how simple but yet how stupid. Thanks again for everyone’s help!

HUMMER ON

Old 01-31-2011, 12:00 PM
Default Air engine filter

Which is better Oem or k&n?

Old 01-31-2011, 02:33 PM
Banned
Default door lock thing

my 07 factory svc manual shows fuse # 68 as the only conceivable source of 12v to the door sw assy.

pulling it should kill the sw module like unplugging it,easier, 30 min?

relay 88 if energized powers the fuse so pulling the relay kills it all and u could short the fuse contacts to ground if u really want it dead for a while. but to be safe i always check for volts on any contact b4 grounding. u could use a light to pull it to gnd to be safe, resistance.

Quick Reply: Locks problem help please