PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

LIGHT BAR PART 1

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 05:11 AM
Default RE: LIGHT BAR PART 1

Looks good! Great job!

Old 11-15-2007, 08:16 AM

THANX MAN

Old 11-15-2007, 12:53 PM

Now you build one! Could have saved me a couple hundred. I just bought the Real Wheels barfrom Suvxcessory for $400 (free shipping) last month. Not yet sold on their mounting system.Gets a lot of vibration. Will probably build some kind of rubber support pad (between roof and bar) to help stabilize the middle of the bar. The RW bar's mount uses the existing top trim bolt at the front of the roof plastic panels. Their kit includes two longer bolts and two plastic spacers that the bolts go through and once the bolts are tightened the spacers then fit snug against the mounting bracket. The front of the brackets have an adhesive that bonds to the roof trim plastic.Mounted 2 9" Delta HIDs and my other two are backordered. Need lots of light here since many do not turn on their headlights at night even if they do work and especially true when out on the highways.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:07 PM

well,now you just confirmed mine and gunners dilema.the vibration isse,we talked about a piece that comes down from the back of the bar and attaches to the slider in the roof rack sectionis gunners little drawing of it,i will see what it takes,but im betting these just went to 175.but it will save evrybody some grief from having to deal with the vibrationName:  bar.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  4.8 KB

Old 11-15-2007, 02:23 PM

I don't see how a bar there will eliminate vibration on the front of the bar....gotta somehow dampen the bouncing caused by the weight of the lights. Unfortunetly you will always have vibration in a roof mounted light bar...justnature of the beast. You would need some sort of a neoprene or rubber block that attaches to the bar and the top of the truck with 2 sided autotape maybe. They would absorbthe bouncing and the vibrations. just my

Old 11-15-2007, 02:43 PM

that was my first thought,but that back bar will carry alot of load,im just not to keen on the tape thing,but maybe thats the way it has to be,we wont know till we try something else.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:10 PM

yea, it's gonna have to be a trial and error thing I guess. You can always just make a down post in the front middle and holdbolt itto the trucks roof with a riv-nut...kinda like how the stock off-road light bars are held on....but then people would have to drill holes in their roof and I'm guessin not many would have the nads to do that...lol. The rear bar will hold the weight and is definately a great idea for that...but I think the vibration is going to come from the slight bounce cause from wind....gonna be real tough to get rid of without some direct dampening material. I was building one similiar to this but have no time to work on it...the way I was going to get around the vibration was to extend the mounting bracket (in the realwheels photo) to the very front of the bar where the bend begins....and also adding a rubber lining inside the color of the bracket...so when you clamp it onto the bar it has a rubber insulation lining....this should help dampen some vibrations also...along with the bracket bieg up near the bend wil transfer the weight and vibrations much better. If these freekin kids ever give me a few hours of peace I'll try to finish mine[:@]

Old 11-15-2007, 03:44 PM

im not so sure i dont want to weld mine completely,i dont like having to slide the bar through a bracket,if i just make it 1 piece,it should solve alot of that,then drill down,insert a tube,weld it and add a longer bolt and be done

Old 11-15-2007, 03:56 PM

only reason I was going to make mine slide into a bracket was so I could remove it easier...use a flat 4 trailer wire plug for all the electrical connections, and you can remove and install the entire assembly in under 5 minutes. My radio antenna hits the parking deck as it is...the lights on a light bar would never clear...this way I could take it off when we go to the mall or whatever.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:34 PM

THATS AN IDEA

Quick Reply: LIGHT BAR PART 1