PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

LIFT KITS ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Default RE: LIFT KITS ????

Injun - a little off topic, but I saw you were planning on going with a 39.5 Irok down the road - depending on how many miles you put on your rig, thats a really soft tire for something as heavy as these are. I had a set of 37" bias ply iroks that I got 8000 miles out of followed by a set of 37" radials that last for 12000 on my last dodge diesel. They are great offroad though... I still run the 42" Bias plies on my rover, which is about as heavy as the H1. Its an offroad only vehicle, though. Just an FYI.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:37 PM

3Hummers I have seen a few of Injuns videos and his truck does get worked to say the least. LOL

My 03 is a little to pretty for me to do doing all of that. I stick to mud/Water pits that don't go over my hood LOL

I am actually looking for a 2 door pick up to build as a serious off road machine.

I am having serious trouble finding one anywhere???????
Any idea's???

Old 02-12-2008, 04:38 PM

Injun I did not make it to phil's yet so we are all good. Let me know when you are taking the truck out there so I can come and see it.
Andrew

Old 02-12-2008, 04:52 PM

there was a 2dr for sale when i was shopping around for my H1... it was mid 30's I almost ended up with that, but decided 2 pass is not enough...
And im not that bad to wheel with i keep it tame if need be...

Also fsr I heard that the Iroks are pretty decent life span wise on H1's but yea I am currently running Goodyear MT's 37" also have 8 rims all together so i might run 2 sets of tires one for wheelin and one for daily driving. I was hoping to get some boggers for wheelin but the 39.5's are too wide for my rim and dunno if i would like the idea of going from 39.5 street tire to 38.5 offroad tire...

Old 02-12-2008, 11:16 PM

Clearance. When doing trails with large rocks, one of the most common ways I have seen Hummers get hung up is by dropping the rear bumper onto rocks on departure. I have even seen one truck get hung up very badly by getting a rock wedged between the rear tire and the bumper.

ORIGINAL: Injunfarian

ORIGINAL: hmcoleap

...I closed the gap by modifying the frame after doing my body lift, but that is a bit extreme for most regular Hummer folks, since it involves cutting and welding...

http://www.serious4x4.com/lift.html
I plan to do similar thing when I do my body lift.... look a whole lot better and definately functional... but just curious why didnt you extend your bumper totally across? I know full length bumper is what saved my body from sliding back into trees

Old 02-13-2008, 12:37 AM

Yeah, I was thinking that was the reason. Have you ever considered an exocage around your rear area? I have been considering it lately I have smacked the driver side rear panel twice in the same place now due to trees... I would have really messed up the rear and tail lights etc if it wasnt for my bumper.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

There have been a few for sale lately. There was one on Ebay not too long ago. Wasn't even that expensive.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:34 PM

3 Hummer I cannot find a 2 door anywhere right now. I found 1 really really cool x military hummer on "XHummer.com" but the guy wants like 80K for a 95 because it has been restored, that's crazy!!!!!!

Old 02-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

I'll keep looking. there have been several for sale recently and they have been priced pretty well. Seems like there was one on Craigs list up in Seattle also. I'll let you know what I find.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:13 PM

Cool thanks 3 hummers. I appreciate you keeping an eye out!
Let me know what you come up with.
Andrew

Quick Reply: LIFT KITS ????